Go After All Transfer QB's

Danish43

We need to get on the coaches to try to get any of these guys.

He also is the latest quarterback to leave the SEC, following Georgia's Faton Bauta (Colorado State), Kentucky's Patrick Towles (Boston College), Ole MissDeVante Kincade and Texas A&M's Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray. It's also unclear whether Maty Mauk will remain at Missouri.

I am willing to throw a bet of $100 that Kyler Murray is going to transfer to a JUCO to play baseball and then enter draft. Kid was supposed to be top 10 in the MLB draft last year and stupidly passed that up to play in 4 games

Baseball money > Football money

• Upvote 5

Baseball money > Football money

Exactly, the chances of K Murray making it into the NFL are so slim. Especially as a QB. The only shot in hell is if he changed to a slot WR but Baseball money is night and day better than football money. That and you dont get your head smashed in and you get better tail with playing baseball

• Upvote 1

I am willing to throw a bet of $100 that Kyler Murray is going to transfer to a JUCO to play baseball and then enter draft. Kid was supposed to be top 10 in the MLB draft last year and stupidly passed that up to play in 4 games

Kyler has apparently received  nothing but horrible advice since his senior year in high school?

Rick

• Upvote 1

I would have gone the baseball route for sure. 3 million guaranteed in a signing bonus vs. a scholarship worth maybe 60-70k. No guarantee of getting drafted in the NFL and even then the rookie contract would likely be about the same as the signing bonus he gets from baseball. There's more money in baseball in the long term and much less risk of career ending injury. 

I would take Grier from Florida in a New York minute. I would also take any of the transfers here in a split. We should be doing everything in our small amount of power to pull one of these guys to North Texas. 

Grier has to sit out a year for transferring. then has the suspension waiting on him once his year of sitting is over with. so a year and 6 games before he can suit up 

I'm all for quickly evaluating all good transfer prospects...before tweeting. There is undoubtedly some good talent out there, but there are a few square pegs among them. Guys don't always transfer just because they are stuck behind an NFL Hall-of-Famer on the depth chart. Due diligence!

• Upvote 2

Speaking from experience,You guys need an experienced QB now, so instead of trying to get a transfer from another 4 year university who has to sit out for a year to be eligible, get a good JUCO QB who has experience in the type of offense Littrell wants to set up who can start now.  Recruit good freshmen QB's and have this guy help the coaches bring them up.  

At Portland State, along with all the QB's we have, Kuresa and Kraught and Penn have been given the task of working with next years underclassmen to make sure when the time comes, they can step in and run the system without any loss of the quality play.

Edited by caseyorourke
  • Upvote 1