MGB: Watch out for this name for UNT's O-line coach

Brett Vito

Uh Oh!

Spent 5 years at Portland State

Seriously though.

2015 ECU - Offensive Line and Run Game Coordinator

2013-2014 James Madison - Offensive Line and Co-Offensive Coordinator

2008- 2012 Portland State - Offensive Line and Co-Offensive Coordinator

He has experience as an O-line coach as well as a run-game coordinator. He has coached both FCS and G5 and has experience in the Pistol.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 3

This hire I like, if in fact it's a hire. Putting linemen in the NFL from an FCS school is impressive. Only one year at ECU where he got caught in a coaching change.

A little concerned about Texas recruiting connections, but he did grad Asst at A&M for 2 years, so hopefully Texas was his recruiting area for ECU.

This seems like a "it makes sense" post from Vito, not a solid lead on a hire. 

But has he had at least 5 winning seasons as a head coach in pop warner, junior high, high school, junior college, division III, division II, FCS, NAIA, division I aa and division I? Has he recruited in the barren wastelands of Tatooine and know the struggles of having to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow, on his hands, with a 100 pound backpack strapped on him? Did he get an A in home economics? Can he pull apart a Colt M1911 blindfolded and put it back together in a minute? If he can't do all this, he isn't qualified for the struggles that UNT presents.

Dumb.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Really, really, really, really dumb.

I'm just saying. We could hire Paul Brown as HC, Bill Walsh as OC, and Bill Belichick as DC and it wouldn't be good enough in your eyes. Good lord, everybody is really tired of your incessant bitching on every thread and every topic. We get it. RV is the devil. Seth Littrell Sucks, our assistants suck, our players suck, UNT sports suck. We really get it

Broken-Record-psd53198.png

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm just saying. We could hire Paul Brown as HC, Bill Walsh as OC, and Bill Belichick as DC and it wouldn't be good enough in your eyes. Good lord, everybody is really tired of your incessant bitching on every thread and every topic. We get it. RV is the devil. Seth Littrell Sucks, our assistants suck, our players suck, UNT sports suck. We really get it

Broken-Record-psd53198.png

3941055.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Mike hasn't said that at all. He's said he remains hesitant to be caught in the fervor everyone else is in and prefers to wait and see. He won't swing for the fences (elation and buy in), as the pitcher (RV) throwing the ball (Littrell & co.) has proven consistent difficulty in getting that pitch even across the plate.

He finds apprehension in certain aspects of these hires' history that do not work without the right AD environment. I probably differ in seeing much more potential in those same elements, but I too have a healthy skepticism in thinking things will roll our way. 

Mike is no less a fan than you.

Edited by Christopher Walker
spelling and grammar
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3