Iowa State hired Matt Campbell

Harry

Kinda surprised the Toledo coach would go there.  

Have you been to Toledo? Ames will seem like paradise. Good step up for him but a gamble on his career...make or break, all in. I have to admire his guts. Besides that, he probably has a good handle on the recruiting territory and contacts. I will be watching this one to see how it works out.

• Upvote 1

Cerebus, I was thinking the same thing. Even though I am sold on Littrell. 

My Ranking of the supposed front runners:

Littrel B+

Meachum B

Fritz in my eyes is a A+.  I thought Mac was a C+ hire, I thought Dodge was a B- hire until I heard he was bringing in his HS staff, at which point it went to a D-.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Littrel B+

Meachum B

Fritz in my eyes is a A+.  I thought Mac was a C+ hire, I thought Dodge was a B- hire until I heard he was bringing in his HS staff, at which point it went to a D-.

what makes Littrell a B+ curious. I'm sure I know why Fritz is so solid. He's won every where he has been and done it with his recruits and someone else's kids. 

Littrel B+

Meachum B

I like where you are going with this. Can Littrell or for that matter Meachum pull off an A or better rating with the right staff, or are you already assuming they bring the best staff they can? 

what makes Littrell a B+ curious. 

Very good recruiter, Leach staffer, has changed his offense to take advantage of the kids he has and has changed it when the kids have graduated.  Always had a productive offense.

I like where you are going with this. Can Littrell or for that matter Meachum pull off an A or better rating with the right staff, or are you already assuming they bring the best staff they can? 

Yes either coach could greatly increase or hurt their ranking with staff hires.  If Meachum can pull Curtis Luper with him then he goes from a Solid B to a A- IMHO.

Iowa State paying Campbell 2 million a year and a 6 year contract.

Fritz and the App State coach Satterfield are in the mix for the Tulane opening.

Wow. Shame if NT never contacted Fritz. Maybe they reached out and his reps indicated he had no interest? Now that the P5 jobs are closing as quickly as they opened, I wonder if he would have a change in tune towards NT?