Seth Littrell update from footballscoop

Harry

Yes!  Yes, I am!

When I realize that we went a full season without scoring a single first quarter touchdown, those kinds of numbers make me salivate. 

I am liking Littrell more and more!

Littrell has an excellent track record coordinating the offense at multiple stops. It's interesting to see his impact specifically at his last two jobs (Indiana and UNC), which are historically teams at the bottom of their respective conferences. One thing that is great to see is how his offense adapts from season to season, game to game, and obviously to his players. He threw it all over at Arizona with Nick Foles. Averaged 508 yards per game at Indiana with 300+ passing and 200+ rushing.

This year, Litrell's offense averaged 41.2 points per game and was very balanced with 230 yards per game rushing and 266 passing. One noticeable stat is his team's "yards per play" being 7.5 yards. Also, "points per play at .621 is the top in the country. So he's clearly not a guy trying to run 100 plays per game; rather is appears to be about maximizing efficiency.

• Upvote 4

Littrell has Texas ties.  He also has been pulling talent from Florida and the Carolinas. He could possibly open up some other areas for us to recruit from  

It might be better to have him selling the product, North Texas, to prospects that aren't in love with UT, TCU and OU. 

• Upvote 2

HIRE the man.  If he is what he appears to be recruiting won't be an issue.

Everybody recruits this state in some way shape or form.  As I've said in previous posts that it should be relatively easy to recruit in this state with the amount of talented players in this state and around this region.  Go with the best coach that can coach up players and a team.  I could care less if they have Texas ties or not.  It's all about relationship building from the point they're hired IMO.

• Upvote 2

littrell is the guy I hope is the next HC of UNT. I worked in the athletic department while I was going to UNT. And the people I have talked to have been consistent with Seth for a while

Thanks for the update.   I appreciate the insider angle.     I hope that you are right, I want Littrell here at UNT but I won't be upset if it is Meachum either.    

Fire RV

I'm hoping you're right that Seth is our man but @southsideguy is pretty convinced that Meacham is a done deal.

Thanks for the update.   I appreciate the insider angle.     I hope that you are right, I want Littrell here at UNT but I won't be upset if it is Meachum either.    

Fire RV

I am thinking it's Meacham as well. Which proves RV didn't have the last say. Or littrell wouldn't be available soon enough 

• Upvote 1