TCU fans on Meachum to UNT

Harry

I just find it interesting.  They can't say, "that's great he will get a chance to become a head coach.  And he will double his salary which is great for his family. We wish him well".  Instead it's, how crappy the program he is going to and how could he ever leave TCU.  Just silly.

They've been good to great since Fran took over which must have been in the late 90's early 2000's So yes it's been quite a while since they've been perpetually bad IMO.

But before Fran they were perpetually bad all the way back to the 1950's. I guess the younger you are the farther back 2000 seems.They'll no doubt get their down cycle once again pretty soon.

• Upvote 2

I just find it interesting.  They can't say, "that's great he will get a chance to become a head coach.  And he will double his salary which is great for his family. We wish him well".  Instead it's, how crappy the program he is going to and how could he ever leave TCU.  Just silly.

Harry, do you think he can double the salary? Knowing a little bit of how things work over there, I'd venture to say Meachum is making at least $500k now.

But before Fran they were perpetually bad all the way back to the 1950's. I guess the younger you are the farther back 2000 seems.They'll no doubt get their down cycle once again pretty soon.

Before Fran took over was a long time ago.  I'm not that old but I'm not that young either.  I remember when TCU sucked.  We're approaching 20 years since Fran took over which was in 98 and have been good/great/relevant since then.  They've done so great that they're in a P5 and still super successful.

Harry, do you think he can double the salary? Knowing a little bit of how things work over there, I'd venture to say Meachum is making at least $500k now.

He's making $400,000 at the most and even if he was making 500,that's still well within our reported range of 900,000-1.5MM. This is the biggest misconception from P5s in the state, that UNT is paying less than local high school coaches make or something. 

• Upvote 4

Because, like it or not, that is how everyone perceives this program. 

Even most of our alumni.

And, unfortunately, they are right.

We won't even fire a 15 year AD that loses on a consistent basis. Why would anyone on the outside looking in think ANYTHING else?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

just like ULL, they have a bit of success and think there s*** doesn't stink anymore

This is worse, they went from being in G5 conferences to National Title contender, so it tends to go the fan base's head and they forget where they came from. Baylor is far worse though. Not even 7 years ago a Todd Dodge coached UNT put an absolute beat down on them and now their fans are disappointed if they don't go to the playoffs? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is worse, they went from being in G5 conferences to National Title contender, so it tends to go the fan base's head and they forget where they came from. Baylor is far worse though. Not even 7 years ago a Todd Dodge coached UNT put an absolute beat down on them and now their fans are disappointed if they don't go to the playoffs? 

Dodge never played Baylor