Who misses Derek Thompson now?

UNT90

Right.... Lemon wasn't forced to play out of position,  Y'barbo wasn't hurt all season long,  that line wasn't a shell of itself...

It amazes me that people who were wrong will look for anything to hold onto that wrong opinion.

Injuries are typically not an issue in the first game of the season. Our 2 qbs were sacked 4 times against Texas in 2014 while throwing 4 picks and giving up 4 fumbles. DT was only sacked twice against Georgia in 2013 while throwing for one pick. The qb plays a role in how many times he is sacked whether you want to admit that or not.

• Upvote 3

People, 

He began his post with the words "Yes, this is 1/2 troll post, 1/2 serious post," and so many of you were still baited into reasserting your criticism of a guy who hasn't played in here in two years.  And--the last time he did take the field for the Mean Green he dislocated his knee, had it popped back into place, and returned to play a hell of a game and lead us to only our second bowl win in the 100 year history of the program.

Was he a part of an ensemble cast of several equally good players?  Yes.

Was he a good QB for us?  Also yes.

Do we wish we still had him?  Hell yes.  And no, saying that does not mean that I'm under some delusion that he would be somehow transcend the epic disaster that is this season and lead us to a CUSA championship.

By all accounts, he's a really good guy who sacrificed his body and continues to be a great supporter of Mean Green football.  None of that is necessarily relevant to this discussion, but I guess I just don't understand the obsessive need to constantly rehash the question of "was he REALLY that good?"  Can we not just conclude that he was one of our better QBs in recent years and leave it at that?   

• Upvote 4

Yes, this is 1/2 troll post, 1/2 serious post.

I think it became clear after DT left that the offense was a hinderance to DT, not the other way around.

Some may lie, but every single UNT fan would give their left nut or ovary to  have DT behind center this year

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE.

Its so hard being so right so often, mofos!!

I'm keeping my nut. 

• Upvote 1

I'm keeping my nut. 

Well, when you only have one...

People, 

He began his post with the words "Yes, this is 1/2 troll post, 1/2 serious post," and so many of you were still baited into reasserting your criticism of a guy who hasn't played in here in two years.  And--the last time he did take the field for the Mean Green he dislocated his knee, had it popped back into place, and returned to play a hell of a game and lead us to only our second bowl win in the 100 year history of the program.

Do we wish we still had him?  Hell yes.  And no, saying that does not mean that I'm under some delusion that he would be somehow transcend the epic disaster that is this season and lead us to a CUSA championship.

By all accounts, he's a really good guy who sacrificed his body and continues to be a great supporter of Mean Green football.  None of that is necessarily relevant to this discussion, but I guess I just don't understand the obsessive need to constantly rehash the question of "was he REALLY that good?"  Can we not just conclude that he was one of our better QBs in recent years and leave it at that?   

Preach.

Some thought he could be easily replaced, and when confronted about being wrong want to change the discussion to how good the defense was, or how good the o-line was. 

Just say you were wrong and thank Derek for bringing home a bowl championship, like you would any other member of that 2013 team. 

And you are right. Even when I say I'm trolling, people still jump off sides. 

Good times.

• Downvote 1

Yes, this is 1/2 troll post, 1/2 serious post.

I think it became clear after DT left that the offense was a hinderance to DT, not the other way around.

Some may lie, but every single UNT fan would give their left nut or ovary to  have DT behind center this year

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE.

Its so hard being so right so often, mofos!!

If we are pining away for QBs then I want Mitch Maher at QB, Lance Dumbar at RB, and the 2013 Defense + it's Coordinator. There's a lot to wish for since our program entered hospice.

• Upvote 2

Well, when you only have one...

Preach.

Some thought he could be easily replaced, and when confronted about being wrong want to change the discussion to how good the defense was, or how good the o-line was. 

Just say you were wrong and thank Derek for bringing home a bowl championship, like you would any other member of that 2013 team. 

And you are right. Even when I say I'm trolling, people still jump off sides. 

Good times.

Well you only mentioned the one (left) was for a-givin'. 

People, 

This may be the best post ever regarding DT.

• Upvote 2

Derek Thompson was the RV of quarterbacks. 

Mostly bad, some good, and when we get a good one in here we'll realize how low our standards were.

But both will somehow end up in the HOF (see low standards) and somehow before Booger (see crime against humanity).

Booger is already in H of F FYI and DT is second leading QB of all time and only living bowl champion

• Upvote 3