New Union Walkthrough

I just walked through and it's very nice. Like CW said, it's not fully complete. It has a museum feel to it that is almost captivating. I just hope these lib students don't trash the place. It's very large and completely unrecognizable to the old union. Once the fountain at the North(?) entrance is complete along with all of the landscape it will be a gem. 

My initial thought was that administration needs to expect a large tick in applications and enrollment. Overall, great job UNT. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Where's the bar?  WHERE...IS....THE...BAR??!?!?!?

(Looks at third floor) Ah..The Substance Abuse Resource Center.  Theeerre it is.

I think they'll be serving the same alcohol options at the Syndicate's Fuzzy's location that you would find at other Fuzzy's.

That quote pretty well sums it up.

I wish there could have been a Rock Bottom Lounge...

Wasn't the drinking age 18 when that particular establishment was open?  I imagine there'd be a ton more liability today.  Frankly, I'm surprised that they'll have alcohol at all.  I feel very fortunate that I was able to work my way through undergrad entirely debt free via slinging drinks in an on-campus pub.  I just don't know if that opportunity would present itself today.

• Upvote 1

Thanks a bunch for posting those images. Being 8 hours away, I really appreciate being able to see the progress. That update in the heart of campus was sorely needed. I have been on a lot of campus tours the last few years with my son and daughter. A facility like that is expected now. It looks like they have done a great job at NT. I don't know how they can do so good with it and so bad with a football team. I am very down on NT especially right now working with so many Tennessee grads, but at least the new Union is something positive.

• Upvote 2