Hey RV!!!

DeepGreen

Don't forget we opened our new stadium in the first game of a home and home series with UH. UH went 12-1 in that season and finished ranked #18 in the nation and were presented an invi-TAY-shun to the Houston, no the Ticket City Bowl.

Such high standards.

UCF sold out their opener. Remind me, how did that go for UNT?

Such high standards.

UCF sold out their opener. Remind me, how did that go for UNT?

That was a pretty pathetic showing for a U of H team that had a heisman trophy candidate and had beaten UCLA the week before.  But yeah I get your point.

The truth is, we have not had one big time fan supported program in Apogee since it was opened.  That, along with our record is the primary reason we have not had a sellout.

That was a pretty pathetic showing for a U of H team that had a heisman trophy candidate and had beaten UCLA the week before.  But yeah I get your point.

The truth is, we have not had one big time fan supported program in Apogee since it was opened.  That, along with our record is the primary reason we have not had a sellout.

Even when we had Baylor in Fouts we didn't have a sell out.  The "magic bullet" of having a name team is still not the full solution to getting a sell out.  We'll need several years of success (aka: winning) leading up to a "name opponent" coming to Apogee before we get our first ever sell out.

Perhaps a problem with the Houston game was that we lost by a pretty big margin against FIU (41-16), and that might have kept some folks away.  Had we won that game it could have only helped attendance.

• Upvote 1

I think our play is the PRIMARY reason. 

We are 22-34 overall since Apogee opened. That is why our lack of attendance is what it is. 

I still can't get over RV legitimately hanging his hat on 18 wins over a 3 year span. 

#HIT6 Bro that is what they wanted so why would he not be excited

Guys, Memphis was just looking at the great PR they will get by playing a game in a huge market that will attract tons of viewers and the attention of recruits...oh wait...

My stance against watching FCS opponents saved me this year a ton of heartbreak by not seeing Portland State murder us on Homecoming. If we had lost like that against a Memphis or Houston, most people would have understood that they are teams that are just way farther ahead than we are, but it also might have kept McCarney as the head coach, so maybe RV is a genius for scheduling Liberty, Lamar, Incarnate Word, and Abilene Christian in the future...he can use those games as "fireable" events for the next head coach if we get clobbered again. After all, you gotta have standards...

Guys, Memphis was just looking at the great PR they will get by playing a game in a huge market that will attract tons of viewers and the attention of recruits...oh wait...

My stance against watching FCS opponents saved me this year a ton of heartbreak by not seeing Portland State murder us on Homecoming. If we had lost like that against a Memphis or Houston, most people would have understood that they are teams that are just way farther ahead than we are, but it also might have kept McCarney as the head coach, so maybe RV is a genius for scheduling Liberty, Lamar, Incarnate Word, and Abilene Christian in the future...he can use those games as "fireable" events for the next head coach if we get clobbered again. After all, you gotta have standards...

I honestly thought you were joking about these...  Sadly, a quick check on fbschedules.com confirms that you were not.  WTF are we doing scheduling games against these schools?  Incarnate Word, are you effing kidding me?  Talk about a fire-able offense. 

• Upvote 3

It was RV's responsibility to make sure every seat in that stadium was filled for the opening game. He failed. From scheduling the right opponent, to marketing and advertising the game, he failed. 

Even if it meant giving seats away when you realized you weren't gonna sell out, that's what should have happened.

it didn't. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

RV should have brought in one of the Texas B12 teams for the Apogee opening.  Some how, some way, he should have made that happen.

Maybe it was an accident or planned, but UCF did it right when they opened their new stadium with Texas.

As to Memphis playing a 1 for 1 with ULM, doesn't seem like the Warhawks mind that Memphis is on the upswing.  That's a nice series for them.  And they have less resources than RV.

No, RV schedules the likes of Liberty, Lamar, Incarnate Word, and Abilene Christian so we can pad the win column.  How did that last FCS home game work out for us RV?

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I honestly thought you were joking about these...  Sadly, a quick check on fbschedules.com confirms that you were not.  WTF are we doing scheduling games against these schools?  Incarnate Word, are you effing kidding me?  Talk about a fire-able offense. 

the amazing part is that he will probably get an extension...

• Upvote 1

Seems to me that RV would rather not schedule the FCS games, but between his coach and the fans on this very board screaming about 5 game schedules, he was backed into a corner.  

So...congrats to the schedule Nazis. You and Mac asked for this. 

This is an extremely ill-informed post. 

RV's scheduling plan, as stated by RV on the podcast with Harry, is to have one whore game and one FCS game on the schedule every year from this year forward. 

And he has demonstrated such by scheduling exactly that for the next 4 years, completely ignoring what he told the fans would happen if Apogee got built (Quality opponents we couldn't get at Fouts. Both Army and SMU played very recently to 2011 IN FOUTS). But lying to the fan base is old hat for RV. 

So, I'm guessing you would rather have 2 whore games a year? Because that is exactly what you are asking for. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is an extremely ill-informed post. 

RV's scheduling plan, as stated by RV on the podcast with Harry, is to have one whore game and one FCS game on the schedule every year from this year forward. 

And he has demonstrated such by scheduling exactly that for the next 4 years, completely ignoring what he told the fans would happen if Apogee got built (Quality opponents we couldn't get at Fouts. Both Army and SMU played very recently to 2011 IN FOUTS). But lying to the fan base is old hat for RV. 

So, I'm guessing you would rather have 2 whore games a year? Because that is exactly what you are asking for. 

Personally, as I have stars many times, would put eliminating the paycheck game at the top of the todo list so we could have 4 active H/H series going at a time. 

RV had scheduled a few FCS games to appease the coach and the fans, but had not scheduled out through 2020. 

Then there was a huge uproar about the 5 game schedule and how there would likely be more 5 game schedules in the future so RV's response was to schedule FCS games out through 2020. Great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1