Hey RV!!!

DeepGreen

For clarification, are you saying that was a poor showing by UH fans, UNT fans, or both?  I thought it was pretty decent attendance by UH fans considering there is not much of a history or rivalry between the 2 schools.  Quite a bit of red in this photo.  (So creepy how my head is chopped off on the photo when I zoom in) 

Baylor has Liberty scheduled for 2017. 

Houston has Lamar for 2016, although our AD has said we will do our best to no longer schedule FCS school.

Funny, our AD said he will do his worst to continue scheduling FCS schools...

For clarification, are you saying that was a poor showing by UH fans, UNT fans, or both?  I thought it was pretty decent attendance by UH fans considering there is not much of a history or rivalry between the 2 schools.  Quite a bit of red in this photo.  (So creepy how my head is chopped off on the photo when I zoom in) 

Baylor has Liberty scheduled for 2017. 

Houston has Lamar for 2016, although our AD has said we will do our best to no longer schedule FCS school.

Baylor gets 40k in attendance for their home games, plus many of their conference games are heavily demanded, meaning extra revenue from higher ticket sales. They shouldn't be playing FCS, either, but its more understandable for them because they are good already and don't have revenue problems. Houston is probably more in the middle, where they need revenue that won't come from a FCS game, but they also are winning and going to bowl games, so this game provides some benefit for them.

Right now, a game at Apogee against a FCS team, particularly ones that we have never heard of as even being a good FCS program, provides zilch to our program. You win against teams that Denton Ryan would clobber, providing you with absolutely no clue of who can make plays against actual FBS opponents and providing no decent revenue stream from a heavily attended game. This doesn't even count the utter embarrassment that a loss (or an epic beatdown) causes. They are no-win propositions to UNT right now.

• Downvote 1

NICE TRY mike.  The only time rick has played golf in 6 months was because westheimer wanted to play with trip kuehne

Just to give credit where credit is due, I think what you meant to say was: The only time rick has played golf in 6 months was because Westheimer, who had just written a check to COMPLETELY PAY CASH FOR A GOLF PRACTICE FACILITY , wanted to play with Trip Kuehne

Edited by NT1978

Guys, Memphis was just looking at the great PR they will get by playing a game in a huge market that will attract tons of viewers and the attention of recruits...oh wait...

There is no defense for keep RV around at this point.   If you can't look me in the face and confidently bet me that another program that plays all the revenue sports at the top level would hire RV if he were available then there is nothing to discuss.  And program has longer than current 10 year run at the FBS level would laugh at anyone proposing RV for their AD vacancy.  That is the litmus test and I think anyone honest would acknowledge that.  Just think about your current job.   If your boss felt that no one else in the industry would value your production over the last 4 years you would be out of a job.   Soon people like me are walking away from the program because it is clear our words don't mean anything. And why should we care when it is VERY CLEAR the leadership doesn't not give  F@#*&%@*! because RV is still employed.   Nothing is going to improve substantially while he is AD.  And if forced chose I would be my life on that.  So we can argue about scheduling, coaching philosophies, basketball coaches, recruiting, marketing, fan apathy, a future baseball program, parking, a State Fair rival game or the logistics getting to a game but it doesn't mean bleep.  I am signing off of this forum indefinitely and leaving the MGC as soon as RV introduces the new head coach for football.  That will be the funeral ceremony for this Mean Green Fan and many others whether they know it now or not.

• Downvote 1