If RV isn't fired...

UNT90

Oh really?  I don't think I saw that.  So what was his extension that he signed I want to say last year that was an extra 4 or 5 years?

Last year Coach Mac signed an extension that put his full contract out to five years, I believe you are thinking about that.  That length is why we owe Mac 3 Million or so...

easy to say i won't be back but i will be back...UNT will always be my school.  I sat there last night in shock on how bad we are but i lived out of the area for years and could not come to the games.  I rather be there on a saturday than anywhere else.  I guess i might be able to get better seats lol.

• Upvote 2

Baby steps. Mac this week, RV in a few weeks, rest of the coaching staff come year's end. The Athletic Department needs to be purged clean. New blood, new ideas, & new people. That's what UNT needs. 

you really want to fire KP and Perry? Two of the best recruiters and hardest workers we have. 

• Upvote 3

easy to say i won't be back but i will be back...UNT will always be my school.  I sat there last night in shock on how bad we are but i lived out of the area for years and could not come to the games.  I rather be there on a saturday than anywhere else.  I guess i might be able to get better seats lol.

I know of two, first row, 48 yard line club seats that will be available.

you really want to fire KP and Perry? Two of the best recruiters and hardest workers we have. 

At this point our athletic department needs new blood from top to bottom.  I think the new decision makers should be the ones to decide if they want to retain anyone from the current staff.  Clean house and get rid of everything that is associated with RV and the rest of the current regime.  IF the new decision makers decides to retain anyone currently on the payroll I am ok with that but it should be given the opportunity to be a completely clean slate.

• Upvote 2

At this point our athletic department needs new blood from top to bottom.  I think the new decision makers should be the ones to decide if they want to retain anyone from the current staff.  Clean house and get rid of everything that is associated with RV and the rest of the current regime.  IF the new decision makers decides to retain anyone currently on the payroll I am ok with that but it should be given the opportunity to be a completely clean slate.

This. The new coach should have the opportunity to evaluate all of the old assistants. He may want to keep some token continuity or one or more of the ones we currently have (like those coaches previously mentioned) might seem to him to be better than those on his short lists.

• Upvote 1

This. The new coach should have the opportunity to evaluate all of the old assistants. He may want to keep some token continuity or one or more of the ones we currently have (like those coaches previously mentioned) might seem to him to be better than those on his short lists.

that's what I'm saying let the new guy make that decision

RV must go...now

We can not let this mustached, Captain Kangaroo looking, big Buddha, sweater vest wearing, Jimmy John sandwich eating, Domino's pizza delivering AD hire one more coach or pick out one more football uniform....period.

His record shows that he is in way over his head, doesn't get it & truly sucks.

• Upvote 2

Judging by the pained look on Ricky V's face and the way Smatresk interacted with him on the field right before the check ceremony at halftime, I'd say yeah he's scared shitless.

Smatresk has been on a roll lately of of telling people get results and be part of the solution or go pound sand. Departments across the university are in a whirlwind of change, and it's change that's finally dismantling the bullshit apathy and do-nothingness that's plagued this school for decades. Allowing Villareal to sit tight doesn't jive with everything else the man has done so far as president.

^yeppp.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do we actually think RV is in danger of losing his job? I mean the BOR seems to like him, and I don't think Smastrek has the balls to do it. Will his donors bail if he's gone.

RV will go out on his own terms. There aren't enough hire-ups yelling for his head. Wish we had some former players calling for the AD's head too. 

NOTE: Figuratively speaking, of course!

Edited by EagleMBA

Agreed. I'll withdraw my support for academics as well.

So you'll withdraw support for students in desperate need of assistance because our sports team is bad?  Your priorities are really #$#$#& up my friend

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1