New MeanGreen Uniform, SMU game?

MeanGreen01

Dont know if you spotted the new white uniforms and white helmets in the latest video released by AD. Love the all white look we have here and hope this is what we wear for SMU game!!

sorry tried to post a picture but it's too large to post. Here is the video, time stamp is at 43-45 seconds into the video (GA video). You briefly can see the look.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090415aab.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

can we get the band to play the darth Vadar theme when they go out for the toss.

A better question is can we get the Green Brigade to wear real uniforms rather than looking like they had stopped for a day at Lake Lewisville on the way down. SMU wore REAL uniforms against Baylor, but maybe they are just University Park cool and don't sweat like our horn tooters

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

A better question is can we get the Green Brigade to wear real uniforms rather than looking like they had stopped for a day at Lake Lewisville on the way down. SMU wore REAL uniforms against Baylor, but maybe they are just University Park cool and don't sweat like our horn tooters

Man your just as if not more negative then UNT 90 ...who cares? lets just have fun and beat the snot out of SMU

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

SMU's band always dresses in a higher class. "Best Dressed Band In The Land."

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

Dressing in a REAL band uniform is negative ? Look at all REAL programs and they don't come out in khakis and t shirts. Our band looks totally bush league until October and by then no one gives a damn.

no but every post I have read today you have had something critical to say. If it's 90+ degrees I am fine with our band dressing like that. Their music is phenomenal. Its not a fashion contest and I listen to the band more then I look at em anyways.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Why is my post so negged? lol. That's literally the tag line for SMU's band. They wear suit jackets and sh*t.

My guess is because saying that you're the best dressed band in the land is pretty uh "happy" ...who the hell wants that title??? But it does go with the pink shorts and button down shirts, with ties that are worn on your campus...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At least the Green Brigade doesn't wear Back to the Future III/Marty McFly outfits like they do in Austin....

• Upvote 2

My guess is because saying that you're the best dressed band in the land is pretty uh "happy" ...who the hell wants that title??? But it does go with the pink shorts and button down shirts, with ties that are worn on your campus...

I've read several of these threads today and I've never seen a fan board stereotype SMU as much as I've seen on here. Where did all the hate come from?? I'm not saying the frat culture doesn't exist at SMU, of course it does, but it doesn't define all or even a majority of the students at SMU, and most don't have trust funds. Plus, the frat (d-bag) culture is certainly not unique to SMU. It is at every school - TCU, Baylor, UNT, UT, A&M, OU and Tech. I guarantee you'll see more khakis and pink polos on TCU's campus than SMU. 

A majority of the people I met at SMU didn't come from money, including myself. I get that it is game week and y'all are probably just talking a little trash but I had to get that off my chest after reading some of the posts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Last game in 2006, the tailgate area was overflowing with folks dressed like this and ladies in cocktail dresses...hell, the shots of the fans In  the stands for the Baylor game showed the same...sterotypes are in place for a reason...

• Upvote 1

I've read several of these threads today and I've never seen a fan board stereotype SMU as much as I've seen on here. Where did all the hate come from?? I'm not saying the frat culture doesn't exist at SMU, of course it does, but it doesn't define all or even a majority of the students at SMU, and most don't have trust funds. Plus, the frat (d-bag) culture is certainly not unique to SMU. It is at every school - TCU, Baylor, UNT, UT, A&M, OU and Tech. I guarantee you'll see more khakis and pink polos on TCU's campus than SMU. 

A majority of the people I met at SMU didn't come from money, including myself. I get that it is game week and y'all are probably just talking a little trash but I had to get that off my chest after reading some of the posts. 

He's exactly right.  Some wear plaid shorts.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1