New MeanGreen Uniform, SMU game?

MeanGreen01

I've read several of these threads today and I've never seen a fan board stereotype SMU as much as I've seen on here. Where did all the hate come from?? I'm not saying the frat culture doesn't exist at SMU, of course it does, but it doesn't define all or even a majority of the students at SMU, and most don't have trust funds. Plus, the frat (d-bag) culture is certainly not unique to SMU. It is at every school - TCU, Baylor, UNT, UT, A&M, OU and Tech. I guarantee you'll see more khakis and pink polos on TCU's campus than SMU. 

A majority of the people I met at SMU didn't come from money, including myself. I get that it is game week and y'all are probably just talking a little trash but I had to get that off my chest after reading some of the posts. 

An infrequent visitor, I see.

Let me let you in on a few of the views of a lots of people on this board (not me):

SMU personally kept UNT out of the old SWC when Haden Fry was at UNT. It doesn't matter if it isn't true, you will never convince them of that.

SMU personally kept UNT out of CUSA back in 2001-2002. Again, it doesn't matter if it's true or not.

SMU is a bunch of millionaires, and for the ones that aren't a millionaire, they are most definitely 30k millionaires.

SMU grads perceive themselves as better than every other grad anywhere, including Princeton or Harvard (never mind it's not where you got your degreee, but what you did with it).

SMU ducked us forever, robbing us of our rightful place in metroplex sports (even though we actually rob ourselves of that spot).

As for one particular poster on our board, I think someone from SMU slept with an ex-girlfriend of his or something.

I'm sure there is more that I'm missing. Feel free to chime in, you SMU haters.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Let me let you in on a few of the views of a lots of people on this board (not me):

SMU personally kept UNT out of the old SWC when Haden Fry was at UNT. It doesn't matter if it isn't true, you will never convince them of that.

SMU personally kept UNT out of CUSA back in 2001-2002. Again, it doesn't matter if it's true or not.

SMU is a bunch of millionaires, and for the ones that aren't a millionaire, they are most definitely 30k millionaires.

SMU grads perceive themselves as better than every other grad anywhere, including Princeton or Harvard (never mind it's not where you got your degreee, but what you did with it).

SMU ducked us forever, robbing us of our rightful place in metroplex sports (even though we actually rob ourselves of that spot).

As for one particular poster on our board, I think someone from SMU slept with an ex-girlfriend of his or something.

You'll have to excuse UNT90.  He likes to point out where others are obsessive or repetitive.

Irony is lost on him.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

That's quite a list. I think I'll avoid this bear trap. 

• Upvote 4

That's quite a list. I think I'll avoid this bear trap. 

Not everyone here hates SMU. I'll cheer for every Texas school when they're not playing us, except one, and that's because I lived in their town for ages. I digress, your fans know how to get under these guys skin pretty easily. Actually, no one has to say anything at all because the black helicopter crowd has to blame someone for our alma mater's short comings. UNT has been it's worst enemy for a long time but things are improving of late in my opinion.

It ought to be a fun day/night on Saturday.

As I was saying, one of my favorite college bands is the Rice MOB, and they usually perform in tee shirts and cut offs. I think our band looks good in shorts and shirts, and they sound great.On another note, I have never met nor heard of a poor SMU student. I'm sure they are like Bigfoot. They may exist, but I don't know anyone who actually has seen one.

• Upvote 1

As I was saying, one of my favorite college bands is the Rice MOB, and they usually perform in tee shirts and cut offs. I think our band looks good in shorts and shirts, and they sound great.On another note, I have never met nor heard of a poor SMU student. I'm sure they are like Bigfoot. They may exist, but I don't know anyone who actually has seen one.

Th Rice MOB as well as the Stanford band are a disgrace to college football! I would rather have no band at all than that rable. They are lucky not to have gotten killed a few years ago at T$M when they made fun of the mascot and the military.The infamous stupidity of the Stanford band for being on the field before the final play and having a hook and ladder run through their startled hippy band will live in infamy. But what would you expect from a school with a tree as its mascot? These may be institutions of great intellect, but their bands make them look like a bunch of fools. So does wearing t shirts and khaki. If the football team has to wear full gear and be on the turf surely the band can look presentable in the stands. The majority of other NCAA schools do not resort to summer attire!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Th Rice MOB as well as the Stanford band are a disgrace to college football! I would rather have no band at all than that rable. They are lucky not to have gotten killed a few years ago at T$M when they made fun of the mascot and the military.The infamous stupidity of the Stanford band for being on the field before the final play and having a hook and ladder run through their startled hippy band will live in infamy. But what would you expect from a school with a tree as its mascot? These may be institutions of great intellect, but their bands make them look like a bunch of fools. So does wearing t shirts and khaki. If the football team has to wear full gear and be on the turf surely the band can look presentable in the stands. The majority of other NCAA schools do not resort to summer attire!

giphy.gif

Now Grandpa, let's get you back in the house before you start going off on conservative politics, okay? We know you don't want to go into a home, but if you keep acting this way you're not going to give us much of a choice...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1