10 things you might not know about SMU head coach Chad Morris

Harry

After a brutal 1-11 season last year for the SMU Mustangs, new head coach Chad Morris is looking to bring a new brand of excitement to the Hilltop. Here’s 10 things you may not know about the new face of SMU football…

1. All about the numbers

The head coach went to school at Texas A&M, graduating in 1992 with a mathematics degree.

2. #PonyUpTempo

The guy really, really likes his Red Bull. Don’t believe us? His Twitter feed is full of pictures of Red Bull cans and #Tempo hashtags.

3. Climbing the coaching ladder

Morris had an Art-Briles-like career path. He began as a high school head coach, and then got hired as an offensive coordinator before becoming a head coach. He had a 169-38 record at the high school level, including two straight 16-0 seasons and championships at Lake Travis. (Both teams were led by eventual SMU starting quarterback Garrett Gilbert)

read more:  http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/06/10-things-to-know-about-smu-head-coach-chad-morris.html/

11. Horrible Start at SMU

He lost his first three games straight as head coach in his inaugural season at SMU and had a brilliant career while subsequently never defeating North Texas. 

(One can dream? I do wish him luck as he's a Texan but I hope he never beats us.)

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

You guys are so obsessed with us. Have fun picking up whatever scraps HCCM leaves behind in recruiting 

I'm really not. Obsessed would be me going around to places like, I don't know, maybe fan sites and telling everyone that someday in the future my wee wee was going to be bigger than everyone elses. That could display traits of obsession. 

Ya'll are just our first game. Idaho State had way more discussion leading up to that opening game but the difference was they had really cool fans who were interested in football talk and Texas bbq. 

Either way, let's face it. You guys are fighting for the same scraps left behind by Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, Tech, OU, and so on. As I said before, I wish him luck. Unlike most here I am indifferent towards SMU. It's another game and thankfully it's right down the street from my house. I hope you understand it's a pillow fight too as both teams probably suck again.

I do have a question, whats up with the HCCM? Do you refer to the man in the White House as POTUSBO?

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2