Chad Morris to UNT?

Q. L.R. Tackett says: I see where Chad Morris either quit as head coach of Allen High school or he was fired after just one season. Surely this is the end of his coaching career right?

A. Based on what I’ve read so far it looks like he’s going back to the college game as an assistant coach perhaps in the Dallas area. TCU, SMU and North Texas are the schools that have been mentioned. I’ve reached the point where I’m tried of talking about Chad Morris. He was a terrible head coach Arkansas. Worse than John L. Smith. He had success as an assistant coach at Clemson but was not effective at Auburn. He had a bad season at Allen High school.

read more:  https://www.fox16.com/sports/local-sports/softball-bracket-talk-sunday-baseball-blues-the-ncaas-plan-for-nil-abuse/

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

20 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Q. L.R. Tackett says: I see where Chad Morris either quit as head coach of Allen High school or he was fired after just one season. Surely this is the end of his coaching career right?

A. Based on what I’ve read so far it looks like he’s going back to the college game as an assistant coach perhaps in the Dallas area. TCU, SMU and North Texas are the schools that have been mentioned. I’ve reached the point where I’m tried of talking about Chad Morris. He was a terrible head coach Arkansas. Worse than John L. Smith. He had success as an assistant coach at Clemson but was not effective at Auburn. He had a bad season at Allen High school.

read more:  https://www.fox16.com/sports/local-sports/softball-bracket-talk-sunday-baseball-blues-the-ncaas-plan-for-nil-abuse/

Look at his record at SMU and he wasn't very good there. I think the welcome mat is gone at SMU, can't see a place for him at TCU other than coaching his son, and doubt Littrell wants to hire his successor.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Look at his record at SMU and he wasn't very good there. I think the welcome mat is gone at SMU, can't see a place for him at TCU other than coaching his son, and doubt Littrell wants to hire his successor.

If SL is not willing to hire the best available coaches because he is worried they could replace him then we are worse off than many thought.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

He would immensely be the best recruiter on staff. This is a no Brainer hire. Don't understand why anyone wouldn't want him on staff.

Because of his past record. Would he even be a coach or just a recruiting coordinator, which we don't really need.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1