• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Coach Andy Mac

North Texas routs Arkansas 44-17 behind six interceptions

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - North Texas used six interceptions to defeat Arkansas 44-17 on Saturday in Reynolds Razorback Stadium. 

Starting quarterback Cole Kelley was 16 of 35 passing for 185 yards with four interception. He did run for a 5-yard touchdown. The Arkansas fans in attendance booed loudly after halftime and then when Kelley threw his fourth interception in the third quarter. Wide receiver Jared Cornelius took exception to the boos.

"It's really easy to pick one guy to point a finger at," Cornelius said. "For the majority of the first half I think that guy was Cole at least by the outside world. I think the receivers could run better routes, the offensive line could protect better and guys can get out on their checks and chip defensive ends.

"When you come out of the locker room to start the second half and your starting quarterback is getting booed by the home team. When is that right? How is that right? I feel I have been holding this in for a minute, but at the end of the day that is someone's son, someone's brother, that's my brother. I'm not gonna sit around like that is OK. When a guy comes in the second half we're still in the game and they are booing him. That's not the standard, that's not gonna be the standard."

read more:  https://www.nwahomepage.com/pig-trail-nation/north-texas-routs-arkansas-44-17-behind-six-interceptions/1448874446

• Thanks 1