WKU vs. UNT game changed

Dr. Seuss

No excuses... I'll be there. If this group put in as much effort on finding a way to make it to games rather than finding excuses not to make it we would have sellouts... And full stands help teams win.

I understand family events and what not, but why can't Mean Green football be prioritized as a family event as it is at most P5's. It's not the family events or children sporting activities getting in the way, it's the people that almost refuse to infuse the Mean Green into their family events getting in the way. It's as if our entire fan base is full of casuals that will only show up if their schedule is cleared for the next 3 days.

(And for the pessimists, I am not saying do not care about your family or not show at their events. You're reading what I said out of context if that's your impression)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

televised game is a plus. decent opponent at home should be a hype game. if they have a decent record, they could be ranked.

short week for them to travel. after a possible hard game against mid tenn. we play portland at home the week before.

this increases our chance for the upset with more time to prepare while they travel and have only a few days.

This is what I'm really hoping for. Just hit them fast when they're tired, keep them down, and keep running the ball down their throats. Get another home nationally televised W.

I think what he's trying to say is that even though the product on the field usually sucks, he still wants to come out and have a good time and support UNT. And since the game probably won't be fun, you have to resort to drinking/tailgating to get your fix. The program would be in a lot better position if more fans had the same mentality. Doesn't mean you still can't be pissed about the sad state of the team.

You said that so eloquently

Well, I am now out on season tickets. And, Ben Gooding, before you respond please understand that I drive 5 hours for home games. This leaves us with 4 home games and one of those is on Halloween. Since I have young children, that game was already out for me.

As for those that live in Dallas, I would take the A-Train to every game.

• Upvote 2

I'm not a Greek alum but if there was ever a night to have a special Greek promotion, this is it....much like the basketball game this year. The student section was huge that night

If I recall correctly, the basketball game was for Greek Week. The teams get points for showing up. October is breast cancer awareness month, I can imagine the ZTA's will have their "Think Pink" on the 10th. I could be wrong but we will see.

I'm not a Greek alum but if there was ever a night to have a special Greek promotion, this is it....much like the basketball game this year. The student section was huge that night

I was under the impression Greek letter organizations were to blame for all of UNT's attendance failures.

• Upvote 1

What can you say. TV own us.

You can say the truth. The AD F'd up this schedule. Big time (or should I say small time).

But your comment does reflect the typical UNT shoulder shrug mentality when accepting failure time after time after time.

Just sayin...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

You can say the truth. The AD F'd up this schedule. Big time (or should I say small time).

But your comment does reflect the typical UNT shoulder shrug mentality when accepting failure time after time after time.

Just sayin...

The schools don't have a choice in which games are on TV and what days those games will be played. Even the P5 schools have weekday games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The schools don't have a choice in which games are on TV and what days those games will be played. Even the P5 schools have weekday games.

5 home games. Opening day bye.

There is most certainly politicking that goes on where TV games are invoved.

But keep on believing none of this is RV's fault and keep enjoying a crap product.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I don't hate weekday games as much as some people do around here, but driving from Dallas to get there is definitely tough... it also cuts out on potential Saturday tailgating time where I can actually convince others to come have fun with an entire gameday experience...

what i REALLY don't like about this one is that it's during October... which are PRIME tailgating days... I can deal with a September weekday game, when it might still be too hot for drinking entirely too much... but these are my favorite Saturday's of the year...

• Upvote 2

this is what mid-majors G5's do...

heck...more and more P5's are now part of the weeknight TV games.

personally...I look at this as a positive for North Texas.

We serve as a Thursday night "fix" for all those college football junkies...lots of people watching the Mean Green that otherwise would not...

I still have fond memories of watching North Texas on tv while working in North Carolina a few years ago...

• Upvote 5

We serve as a Thursday night "fix" for all those college football junkies...lots of people watching the Mean Green that otherwise would not...

I still have fond memories of watching North Texas on tv while working in North Carolina a few years ago...

Nice take 3XL.

Was thinking on the drive in this morning that I will actually see six games this year. It just so happens that two of them won't be in Denton. Then I did the math on what each home game I'm able to attend will cost me this year relative to total monies paid, and I threw up in my mouth a little. Que sera sera. It's a long-term thing, right?

Soooo...anybody wanna buy my October 15th club seats and help ease my pain?

Was thinking on the drive in this morning that I will actually see six games this year. It just so happens that two of them won't be in Denton. Then I did the math on what each home game I'm able to attend will cost me this year relative to total monies paid, and I threw up in my mouth a little. Que sera sera. It's a long-term thing, right?

Soooo...anybody wanna buy my October 15th club seats and help ease my pain?

I can't afford the family fun section.

So...honest/ignorant question here: they moved this game so it will be nationally televised, right? so what if we get spanked on national tv for the first time at apogee? will it still be "good" that we got on the national spotlight, or will our poor product just have a nation-sized spotlight shined on it?