Paul Banks, CB, Navarro

Marty

is this speculation? or do you have a source?

No Source, just speculation. People out there thought that coach bro was going to turn around that program but all I have seen is him running it into the ground and just like glick said, they are going after our recruits and loosing recruits at the same time. I dont see coach bro coaching there in 3 years in my opinion

Go mean green! We REALLY wanted a JUCO corner. Too bad he's not going to he here this spring, but let's see if he can grab that starting spot. Honestly, hopefully Chad Davis locks it down this spring, but even if he does we don't have a whole lot of depth right now.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

Go mean green! We REALLY wanted a JUCO corner. Too bad he's not going to he here this spring, but let's see if he can grab that starting spot. Honestly, hopefully Chad Davis locks it down this spring, but even if he does we don't have a whole lot of depth right now.

Yep. Whether he wins the spot or not you can NEVER have enough quality DB's. Injuries, 5-wide sets, guys having a bad stretch of games, etc. make quality depth a necessity.

• Upvote 2

If Tech were to somehow lose Big12 status, they would be F'd. I bet their enrollment would drop 30%+ because the DFW kids would have no reason to make that 5 hour drive.

Conference affiliation should not persuade kids, athletes or not, want to drive to and live in desolate Lubbock, Texas. Texas Tech has been and will always be a subpar, middle of the pack program that feeds off of their conference affiliation. But what I struggle to understand is how or what do non-athlete students gain from big12 affiliation? And in reality how do athletes benefit from going to Texas Tech. They are not a powerhouse in any sport and do not churn out players to the next level. A trend needs to be reset that individual teams are not it's conference powerhouses. Texas Tech is little brother to UT and ATM as TWU is little brother to UNT. The gap is that big and these students and also athletes need to realize that. And the gap between Tech and UNT is not even measurable in comparison to the gap between UT/ATM and Tech. People (students/athletes) need to start having wit and examining their futures before just running to a materialistic decision and acting like they're in Austin based on affiliation. This is nothing to do with Mr. Banks, but talking in general. Edited by Ben Gooding