MGB: Breaking news -- Wesley arrested on theft charges

Brett Vito

"'Greg hasn’t been with the program,' UNT coach Tony Benford said. 'He has been taking care of personal issues and is probably not going to be with our program going forward.'"

See, that wasn't so hard. All it took was a misdemeanor to encourage Benford to finally answer the question Vito has been asking for weeks.

• Upvote 2

Greg seems like a really good kid.

Based on his track record, you wouldn't say this if he played for any other program in the country. He hasn't made grades and has routinely had off the court issues. Greg seems like he is a really troubled kid. I hope he can start to get his life together, but he needs to do that somewhere else.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

College basketball players, rightly or wrongly, are minor celebrities in the city of the university. I wonder if they realize that as such, if they commit a crime that their name and picture will be published in the local newspaper ?

I was thinking if this were explained to them, their behavior might be better. Although they know stealing is stealing and they have known it since grade school. But the realization of a photo for mom and dad and grandma to see might restrain bad behavior.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1