Zac W. #23 It Don't Mean Nuthin

cogido

It was a dumb move and I don't think he would have scored even if he scooped it cleanly as there were too many UTSA players around him. I like the effort, just a poor decision. Things happen and that was not the sole reason we lost the game (only FGs from two muffed punt recoveries stand out in particular). It stands out more simply because of where it occurred during the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have no problems with the decision, either. If he had handled that cleanly, he was going to get a good chunk of yardage. Honestly, even as that ball was taking a North Texas bounce (before he mishandled the ball), I really didn't have much confidence that the offense was going to score six. Zac wanted to win and I see his reasoning for making a risky decision. He'll learn from it, and most likely won't ever make the mistake again.

• Upvote 3

What matters most is if he learned from his mistake. If we're down and the ball is bouncing around back at the 15 and he thinks he can catch them off guard and take it up field, then fine.

But if our defense finally gets a stop and the punter shanks it and the ball is taking a North Texas hop towards the 50, then leave it alone. That ball might have rolled to their 45 but we'll never know.

Learn from this and move on.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I never heard the term "scoop and score" until Coach Mac got here. Like Meangreenacct I was upset at the time, but had an odd shaped ball bounced our way, we'd be falling over ourselves to congratulate Zac for a gutsy move. It was perhaps the proper signature to end this season.

Just wait 'til next year.

GO MEAN GREEN