2014 Season

UNTexas

I must say this season was embarrassing and I'm glad it's over. We were out coached and out played in every aspect of the game on all fronts most of season. I guess 2013 was a fluke. We have a bad program right now. I'm depressed. Next season may be worse with the guys leaving. I hope recruiting is better than many predict. Damn...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's be honest at what our program really is. How many years have we really had that we were good? The couple of years with Fry? Even during the Sunbelt champion years we would get embarrassed when we stepped out of conference.

It's as if people are afraid to face what we really are. A mediocre program that has played for a very long time with only a handful of bright spots . Harsh? Maybe, but it is the truth. People are so desperate to cling on to sports success(the Dallas affect I like to call it) that they like to get their hopes sky high with any improvement.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Let's be honest at what our program really is. How many years have we really had that we were good? The couple of years with Fry? Even during the Sunbelt champion years we would get embarrassed when we stepped out of conference.

It's as if people are afraid to face what we really are. A mediocre program that has played for a very long time with only a handful of bright spots . Harsh? Maybe, but it is the truth. People are so desperate to cling on to sports success(the Dallas affect I like to call it) that they like to get their hopes sky high with any improvement.

F this. You are helping the problem that is North Texas. If this is your real outlook then gtfo. F all of this we are what we are BS talk. Fans have to step their game up and f'in demand better. Demand it, don't settle for BS..

We really, really, really need a new OC ASAP. Something to breathe life into this offense bc currently this is beyond unacceptable.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

I would like you to explain how this isn't found outside of dallas? Hell, I want you to show me how this doesn't exist ANYWHERE!

F this. You are helping the problem that is North Texas. If this is your real outlook then gtfo. F all of this we are what we are BS talk. Fans have to step their game up and f'in demand better. Demand it, don't settle for BS..

We really, really, really need a new OC ASAP. Something to breathe life into this offense bc currently this is beyond unacceptable.

Am I wrong? How many nationally renowned seasons have we had?

I support this team through and through. Even in the loss today I thank all those players for putting on a Mean Green uniform. It's not about settling, its about being honest and working hard to improve your program. Just because I am being realistic doesn't mean I don't think we can and should do everything to improve.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If any of this is true, I guess we won't read about soccer violence again.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you saying we should accept sucking all the time? Are you saying we will always suck because the administration is pretty ok with it? Are you trying to say expecting anything else is unacceptable?

So many ways that post could be read.

• Downvote 1

I agree we may need a new OC. Or at best the offensive coaches need to go back to the drawing board on what they value as QB talent. The current situation is unacceptable with the HS talent around here. Plus, these players make really stupid decisions on the feild. That's coaching in general. Mac has had years to recruit and the product is bad. I don't care when he says it's harder than he thought either.

• Upvote 2

I support this team through and through. Even in the loss today I thank all those players for putting on a Mean Green uniform. It's not about settling, its about being honest and working hard to improve your program. Just because I am being realistic doesn't mean I don't think we can and should do everything to improve.

You are right, but you are accepting of it. Acceptance is the first step to defeat. We as fans have to demand better. I am pissed off about how this season went and I demand better. Today was another piss poor offensive play calling, but it's where we are right now. The D, as bad as it played there are some bright spots, but the O is gawd awful pitiful. Offensive changes are an absolute must, ASAP. I am fed is with this fan base with their acceptance.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you saying we should accept sucking all the time? Are you saying we will always suck because the administration is pretty ok with it? Are you trying to say expecting anything else is unacceptable?

So many ways that post could be read.

Sorry I'll try and be more clear. After last year I feel that many people have crashed down because of how the team played this year, people quickly forget all the years that weren't so great. UNT had a lot of those unfortunately. It's either one side of the spectrum or the other with our fans, either we have arrived or we are the worst. I feel like people are afraid to see it for what it really is, we don't have much of note on the national stage. People are surprised when we hit bumps in the road but if you look back on our history it is actually the norm. Posters seem to quickly forget that when get any type of success. Really that's all my comment is.

• Upvote 1

I support this team through and through.

You and about 500 others.

And sometimes I think many at UNT, including the current AD, enjoy this tight little circle.

My frustration is growing. I really don't know how much longer I will be around. We allow an AD to make terrible hire after terrible hire without consequence. We allow that AD to criticize players for the faults of one of his coaching hires. We allow that AD to stay in place longer than any other AD in Texas with far less success than every other AD that hasn't been fired (and less success than many that have been fired) or haven't been in their position for 4 plus years.

I am starting to just not care. I'm regretting purchasing club seats. I dreaded driving up for the FIU game and left at the half to beat the weather. I only broke out the full tailgate for 3 of the 6 home games. I gave up on inviting people to watch a terrible product. I really don't know how much longer I can care about something that the organization in which that something is contained so clearly cares so little about that something. I have to decide in January to re-up club seats or just write it off as a bad investment. That decision will depend on decisions made by the UNT BOR at end of the year evaluation time.

One large donor on here loves to call me "clown show." I have a serious question for him: What are you getting for your investment? Access to an unsuccessful AD? Great facilities to watch the same crappy athletics? When will you ask for accountability from the "clown show" that has been the UNT AD? How much good money will you throw after bad to see the same GD thing on the field/court? Are you ready to enjoy that 5 home game season next year (with the only home OOC being a FCS)?

I came back to this program in 2007 after a long absence. I've put a lot of time and, income percentage wise, money into this program. It has taken and taken and taken with very few tangible returns and no consequences for failure at the highest level.

I just simply don't know how much longer I can do it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think I follow what Green Otaku is saying. We shouldn't accept it, but it is more difficult to establish a winning program when you don't have a winning tradition. Heck, people talk about TCU being such a football success story to come from where they did and forget that the program has 2 national championships (even though they were in the 30's). UNT has a long road to go when our milestone accomplish is having a barely ranked team in the 70's. We need to demand more, but it's a long road.

• Upvote 2

You are right, but you are accepting of it. Acceptance is the first step to defeat. We as fans have to demand better. I am pissed off about how this season went and I demand better. Today was another piss poor offensive play calling, but it's where we are right now. The D, as bad as it played there are some bright spots, but the O is gawd awful pitiful. Offensive changes are an absolute must, ASAP. I am fed is with this fan base with their acceptance.

I disagree, I see it as level headed and not have a delusion of what we really are. No we shouldn't accept losing, and everyone was excited about Mac when he came in. Things may or may not improve next year but we are a school without the budget to get a big name coach. Go look at the coaching salaries and see how far down we go, we can't match the $$$ of there schools so we have to roll the dice and hope we get lucky. Make no doubt about it, if we get a coach that takes is 10-2 or 11-1 back to back we will lose them, the only way we can really improve is to build up slowly over a long stretch of time, something that is very hard to do and even harder to find the person to take us there. Even for a team like Boise st. with all their success lost a lot of steam losing 4 games in 2013.

• Upvote 5

I think I follow what Green Otaku is saying. We shouldn't accept it, but it is more difficult to establish a winning program when you don't have a winning tradition. Heck, people talk about TCU being such a football success story to come from where they did and forget that the program has 2 national championships (even though they were in the 30's). UNT has a long road to go when our milestone accomplish is having a barely ranked team in the 70's. We need to demand more, but it's a long road.

Yes thank you. We are a G5 school, and we will struggle unless we put up big $$$. People get frustrated and down but that is our reality. The old timers should know, they have seen the facilities/money difference over the years, we have to work with what we have and improve.

• Upvote 1