How Many Wins Will It Take

NT03

"Genius" must have 6 wins to keep his job, next season, IMO. Anything less should warrant a boot out the door.

I think 6 also, or 5 with some really well played games. But we will have to witness the rebirth of the team for Dodge to stay a fourth year, the fans need some reason on the field to keep faith in Dodge. So I can hope that this season is the end of crappy play, and Dodge and the team really turns the corner this year.

"It's always darkest before the dawn", because that is our only hope for now. As Clayton used to say kind of like rape, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" and I know some of the fans feel raped already.

If he is brought back for a third year, I think 4 wins could keep him around for a 4th year. But only if the 8 loses are respectable. We can't lose those by an average of 30 points a game, and special teams can't smell up the campus ... or country for that matter. :angry:

I think 6 also, or 5 with some really well played games. But we will have to witness the rebirth of the team for Dodge to stay a fourth year, the fans need some reason on the field to keep faith in Dodge. So I can hope that this season is the end of crappy play, and Dodge and the team really turns the corner this year.

"It's always darkest before the dawn", because that is our only hope for now. As Clayton used to say kind of like rape, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" and I know some of the fans feel raped already.

part I agree.. ill go with 5 wins

part II disagree... some rapist rape for the fact they like the woman going thru the pain and agony and if they pretend to like it , it will anger some rapist into murder ;)

Actually, it's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.

Thanks, that is kind of how I feel but I am trying to be positive.

I would support any coach through his third year given our situation. Taking a team on the ropes with a small budget, competing in Texas against several Auto-Bid Conference teams for recruits with a new system. But next season we better see Dodge has True Grit or it is time to get him the hell out of here. His grace period for me is officially over, I think from now forward the he is fair game for all an any scrutiny, with a clean slate. If next year starts going the same as this year's and I will pay for and host firehisass.com, but at the same time I will be fair and if he is winning I will be right there on that band wagon, not hanging back looking for problems.

I vote for giving Coach Dodge all 5 years of his contract.

The guy came into a very bad situation at NT, and it will

take at least 3-4 years to turn this program around.

If you only look at wins/losses, things look bad.

If you look at the development of these young players,

things look great!

Believe it or not, progress was made this season.

Over 17 freshmen and 5 redshirts saw alot of action this year,

but the coaches know there are a couple of weak areas.

The coaches know where help is needed and they are working

on gaining the recruits to make this team great. The players

are going into their off season work to gain strength and size,

and to get ready for 2009.

Have faith! Coach Dodge, the staff, and the players know

they are very close to making NT a powerful program again.

Thanks, that is kind of how I feel but I am trying to be positive.

I would support any coach through his third year given our situation. Taking a team on the ropes with a small budget, competing in Texas against several Auto-Bid Conference teams for recruits with a new system. But next season we better see Dodge has True Grit or it is time to get him the hell out of here. His grace period for me is officially over, I think from now forward the he is fair game for all an any scrutiny, with a clean slate. If next year starts going the same as this year's and I will pay for and host firehisass.com, but at the same time I will be fair and if he is winning I will be right there on that band wagon, not hanging back looking for problems.

Someone beat you to it: http://firehisass.com/

I have a question for the people voted 4 games.

Why is that a good standard for the program? What does going .500 in conference play show you?

I voted for 6 games, because I think 6 games would guarantee a fourth year. But four wins could be enough to keep him around for year 4 if the signs are there that we are on the right road--that would require major improvement on defense and special teams, and probably decent improvement on offense.

I'm from the school of thought that thinks the logical next step is no blowout losses. The actual number of wins is not that important to me AT THIS POINT in the program; for me, we must first stop the bleeding. To address the topic of this thread, I voted 5. What matters to me right now is not whether we win 4 or 6 games but how we play in 12 games. Don't read "moral victory" into this because it is not there; it would be refreshing to see a team that played consistent, low-number-of-stupid-mistakes football. The loss to AssU was the best game I saw us play all year, including the win. I think that being consistently competitive is our next step on the road to recovery, and let the Ws and Ls fall where they will. JMO.

Lawd above! I'm from da school ov thought what thinks da logical next step is "Nin" blowaaaht losses. The actual timone an' pumba ov wins is "Nin"t what impawtan' ter me AT THIS POINT in da program; fer me, we must first stop da bleeding. To address da topic ov dis fread, I voted 5. What matters ter me right "Nin"w is "Nin"t whether we win Roarf awer Tom Mix games but 'ow we play in 12 games. Don't read "moral victory" in'er dis because i' is "Nin"t there; i' would be refreshin' ter see a team what played consistent, low-timone an' pumba-of-stupid-mistakes football. The loss ter AssU was da best game I saw us play all year, includin' da win. I think what bein' consistently competitive is aaahr next step on da frod an' toad ter recovery, an' let da Ws an' Ls fall where they will. JMO., innit.

Lawd above! I'm from da school ov thought what thinks da logical next step is "Nin" blowaaaht losses. The actual timone an' pumba ov wins is "Nin"t what impawtan' ter me AT THIS POINT in da program; fer me, we must first stop da bleeding. To address da topic ov dis fread, I voted 5. What matters ter me right "Nin"w is "Nin"t whether we win Roarf awer Tom Mix games but 'ow we play in 12 games. Don't read "moral victory" in'er dis because i' is "Nin"t there; i' would be refreshin' ter see a team what played consistent, low-timone an' pumba-of-stupid-mistakes football. The loss ter AssU was da best game I saw us play all year, includin' da win. I think what bein' consistently competitive is aaahr next step on da frod an' toad ter recovery, an' let da Ws an' Ls fall where they will. JMO., innit.

I'm really diggin these short, wtf replies.

I just learned that you can rate posters.

My short, useless dick'n'potty jokes reflect my 3 star performance.

You, on the other hand, will get only the best love and praise. On your way to 15 gold banana stickers.

Meh - I'd settle for 1 star. Getting any kind of recognition as a top tier poster on the board these days is pretty akin to winning the Special Olympics without a disability.

Meh - I'd settle for 1 star. Getting any kind of recognition as a top tier poster on the board these days is pretty akin to winning the Special Olympics without a disability.

Todd Dodge signed 4 3 star rivals recruits so lets not so quickly discount the star system.

Also...how the hell am I only a three star? With these wheels? High 4...minimum

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Todd Dodge signed 4 3 star rivals recruits so lets not so quickly discount the star system.

Also...how the hell am I only a three star? With these wheels? High 4...minimum

i'm sure you'd rise to a 4 star if you signed up for an account on Orangebloods.com