MGB -- UNT picks up commitment

Brett Vito

Only other offer was McNeese St. Lets hope we know something no one else does.

You know that SMU has supposedly been beating our ass on recruits for the last decade right?? But yet I looked at the two teams yesterday and ours looked faster, more physical more talented across the board. Vito said this guy was getting a lot of interest from Baylor, Houston and some other bigger schools so we need to hold on. I will take the evaluation of this staff. They seem to know a bit about this.

You know that SMU has supposedly been beating our ass on recruits for the last decade right?? But yet I looked at the two teams yesterday and ours looked faster, more physical more talented across the board. Vito said this guy was getting a lot of interest from Baylor, Houston and some other bigger schools so we need to hold on. I will take the evaluation of this staff. They seem to know a bit about this.

Not disagreeing with you, and if the staff doesn't know more about recruiting than I, UNT is in BIG trouble.

It's just nice to beat out FBS schools for recruits.

And to add to that. The QB for Desoto, Desmond White, that was a commit to us last year as his only FBS offer, and then flipped when TCU came in with his 2nd offer, played as a true freshman in TCU's opener at slot receiver.

Edited by UNT90

Where the hell did I get Nebraska? Welcome aboard anyway.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

• Upvote 2

Recruit's raw talent is one thing, but player development and coaching is something else entirely. We can look anywhere in football for that, but the best place to look is at NFL quarterbacks. Just because a guy has incredible talent coming into a given league doesn't mean he'll succeed.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

You have way too much time to post something like that.

We're you at the SMU game? Watch the whole game in the sun?

• Upvote 2

We're you at the SMU game? Watch the whole game in the sun?

Where else would you watch the game? I, for one, refused to stand in the lines bc I was going to miss some of the beating that was taking place. I felt like crap after the game, hoarse, and my face and neck burnt to shit. But I stood at my seat until the final BS Hail Mary td. As everyone should have, unless elderly. GMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Recruit's raw talent is one thing, but player development and coaching is something else entirely. We can look anywhere in football for that, but the best place to look is at NFL quarterbacks. Just because a guy has incredible talent coming into a given league doesn't mean he'll succeed.

I was going to mention this too. I think you could probably say we were beat for recruits, but what did they do after they turned 18? Clearly SMU can get some but then expects them to save the team without any strength, conditioning, or added skill sets.

You have way too much time to post something like that.

Copied and Pasted.