The Class of the Green Brigade

Jason Howeth

With less than two minutes to go in the game, the Mean Green Brigade showed its class by playing the SMU fight song while the ponies were on offense. Nick Williams is a perfect director.

Screw SMU, they had their band there, leave that to them.

The big interception in the first half needed the fight song, not slow Fly Like an Eagle.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Kram, I noticed the same thing. Almost. I thought the Southern Meth band had started whatever tune they were playing and the GB started playing over them. I assumed Dr. williams couldn't her the Southern Meth band from where he was conducting.

I'm glad we got through this weak opponent. Now lets see how we do with a much improved La Tech team thursday.

Beat La Tech

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

I thought the Green Brigade sounded amazing today! in fact we had a TCU alum who was attending her first NT game today and she was overwhelmed by the quality if the GB especially in comparison to the tiny smuT band. they were half ass, half talent and half as loud. the kids in the band were cool, self deprecating and understanding that they sucked... But the differences between the two were dramatic. this is coming from a drummer so grain of salt I guess... but I have been drumming for more than 20 years so take that for what it's worth.

and btw, I love the drumline breaks. incredible

You call what they had a uniform?

peppermint001.JPG

Since I'm not from here, I have no childhood association with Mr. Peppermint, and brothers and sisters, he was coming up a LOT while the SMU band was playing. Looking at his wiki page right now, I happened upon the most interesting little bit of triva:

he was the father of musician and lead singer Gibby Haynes of the group Butthole Surfers.

I don't really know who he was, what he did, or what impact he had on Dallas, but he spawned one of my major high school influences.

Edited by oldguystudent

peppermint001.JPG

Since I'm not from here, I have no childhood association with Mr. Peppermint, and brothers and sisters, he was coming up a LOT while the SMU band was playing. Looking at his wiki page right now, I happened upon the most interesting little bit of triva:

I don't really know who he was, what he did, or what impact he had on Dallas, but he spawned one of my major high school influences.

you were a butthole surfer?
  • Upvote 1

I will never accept them wearing t shirts and khakis. Never. It's substandard.

We can be a sad lot.

In my day, every coach other than Ara Parseghian wore a suit and tie to each game, no matter the heat. Now what do they wear? Polo shirts and khakis. Why? Because it is too hot.

Let's make a deal. At the next home game, you wear a wool suit and tie, sit in the sun, do a good amount of physical activity for three hours and then report back how you enjoyed the game.

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 5

The Brigade was good. Some big bands only rely on numbers to be good but I could tell each voice was well crafted.

I feel like if the Mustang Band was that size we would sound something like it but the small student body / hilariously

small scholarships (even worse when you look at tuition) mean we don't get over 90. Not to mention until this year

we were literally under the pool. It was stupid levels of cramped in there.