Gear licensing. I still don't get it.

Stan R

Academy supports their local schools fantastic...they have huge selections for schools close to them. Wouldn't be surprised to see them have a huge UNT section that outnumbers other schools. Of course, I'm just hoping this is true. But I have faith. They're a good company.

The Academy in Highland Village didn't have squat when I was in there about three weeks ago.

Plenty of UT, A&M and TCU stuff, but only sticker, car flag and just a handful of other small crap for UNT. NO apparel anywhere.

After reading this thread, I thought I'd give the Rally House in Fairview another try. Still no UNT gear, BUT they gave me some good news. The girl in the store (maybe manager) said that all Rally Houses in the area were going to be getting North Texas products within the next few weeks. She said some already had it, including Plano and a few others. She said they were excited to get it. She also said that the gear is available online now with an option for in store delivery/pick-up.

• Upvote 4

After reading this thread, I thought I'd give the Rally House in Fairview another try. Still no UNT gear, BUT they gave me some good news. The girl in the store (maybe manager) said that all Rally Houses in the area were going to be getting North Texas products within the next few weeks. She said some already had it, including Plano and a few others. She said they were excited to get it. She also said that the gear is available online now with an option for in store delivery/pick-up.

They do have a lot listed online.

• Upvote 1

Rally House in Flower Mound has carried UNT gear since shortly after they opened. On FM 2499 south of FM 407 in same center as Lowe's, Best Buy, and OfficeMax.

Was down there a few weeks ago (grab a really awesome dark grey t-shirt with just the green SOW on it) and I was talking to the manager who said they've had an influx of people looking and asking for UNT stuff and they've been talking with their suppliers about what other merchandise they can get it. She said its just taking a while for it to get ordered then made then delivered. So hopefully sometime soon Rally House will have a buttload more stuff. They already have twice what they had last year. In Flo Mo the UNT section is the same size as the OSU, K State etc areas. Baylor, TCU still bigger. All of the above still vastly eclipsed by the amount of Texas and A&M crap.

• Upvote 2

I'm in New Braunfels right now (and have been in SA) and let's just say UTSA puts us to shame as far as equipment in stores. There's UTSA stuff in every store and they have more stuff than UT or A&M. Pretty shameful, IMO.

Expect that to happen. NT stuff is tough to find always has been.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped at the Fairview Rally House today & they still don't have any NT gear. Got the same response by the manager as UNT 90 Grad did above back in July. They have it ordered, just don't have it in yet. She told me that 12-15 people per day come in and ask about NT gear. She did seem excited about it & told me that I could order online and have it shipped to their store for free. One good thing, I didn't see any SMU gear either.

Stopped at the Fairview Rally House today & they still don't have any NT gear. Got the same response by the manager as UNT 90 Grad did above back in July. They have it ordered, just don't have it in yet. She told me that 12-15 people per day come in and ask about NT gear. She did seem excited about it & told me that I could order online and have it shipped to their store for free. One good thing, I didn't see any SMU gear either.

I was in there again today too. I think they are sincere. I'm working with one of the managers on having a UNT Alumni event at the store once they finally get their stuff in. They'll let us set up a table with info on the alumni association and offer 10% off UNT merchandise. We'll see.
  • Upvote 3

Was in the area today, so decided to check out the Flower Mound Rally House. A big shout out to that store! Walked up looking at a Mean Green flag in the window, entered to find all 3 employees wearing Mean Green t-shirts, and a nice selection of NT gear: t-shirts, hoodies, polo's, caps, etc. Now it's majority UT, A&M, Baylor, and TCU but we did have our own section. Awesome!

• Upvote 2