MGB: UNT to sell beer at Apogee

Brett Vito

Beer snobs think they know about beer but little do they realize that the hops and barely these craft beers use are actually leftovers that MillerCoors and Bud sells to them.

I am sure that if you and Emeril buy the same ingredients at the store his dish is going to taste better.

• Upvote 4

You can add all the high class Bavarian hops in the world to fermented corn syrup and rice; it still tastes like corn syrup and rice. Hops and barley are expensive ingredients. Big brewers tend to skimp and substitute.

The biggest difference I taste when I drink big three beer isn't the hops, it's the grain. Tastes like somebody threw some yeast into a bottle of Karo with a couple hop pellets and some yellow #5 food dye.

That said, I'll still drink it. I ain't no too good no how to drink good ole 'murkin lager (owned by European InBev).

Funny thing is that for all our patriotism, we really should be drinking local craft beer. Big three aren't american in any sense anymore.

• Upvote 1

Beer snobs think they know about beer but little do they realize that the hops and barely these craft beers use are actually leftovers that MillerCoors and Bud sells to them.

I can see this being true for barley but it makes little sense for hops.

Edited by HoustonEagle

I think you have to take into account the heat factor when you are choosing these flavors. I sincerely hope they take steps to ensure the draft is served ice cold. Nothing bothers me more than when places serve piss warm brew and try to claim it is supposed to be served at that temperature when they are actually trying so save money on refrigeration costs. Beer is meant to be served Ice cold Damit!

Sell only to Mean Green Club members. Increase membership.

The reason I disagree with this is because you instantly cut out any revenue sales from opposing teams fans. This might not have been a big deal for some of the teams we played in the sunbelt but the teams we play now that can actually make the drive to Denton would make not selling beer to them a bad idea.

• Upvote 1

You can add all the high class Bavarian hops in the world to fermented corn syrup and rice; it still tastes like corn syrup and rice. Hops and barley are expensive ingredients. Big brewers tend to skimp and substitute.

The biggest difference I taste when I drink big three beer isn't the hops, it's the grain. Tastes like somebody threw some yeast into a bottle of Karo with a couple hop pellets and some yellow #5 food dye.

That said, I'll still drink it. I ain't no too good no how to drink good ole 'murkin lager (owned by European InBev).

Funny thing is that for all our patriotism, we really should be drinking local craft beer. Big three aren't american in any sense anymore.

Revolver.

Support my local economy.

I think you have to take into account the heat factor when you are choosing these flavors. I sincerely hope they take steps to ensure the draft is served ice cold. Nothing bothers me more than when places serve piss warm brew and try to claim it is supposed to be served at that temperature when they are actually trying so save money on refrigeration costs. Beer is meant to be served Ice cold Damit!

Let the speculation begin. Will it be draft or aluminum bottles? It's been years since I've had a draft at a sporting event. They don't still serve in paper cups, do they?

Let the speculation begin. Will it be draft or aluminum bottles? It's been years since I've had a draft at a sporting event. They don't still serve in paper cups, do they?

Maybe those fancy new beer despensing machines where all the attendant has to do is card you*?

* - You as in the all encompassing you, not you you. We both know that we never get carded anymore... Ever.

• Upvote 1

It's my understanding that beer sales will be limited to the alumni side, and no more than 2 beers per person per sale. Beer cannot be taken back to the student side and all beer sales will cease at the end of the third quarter.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Your understanding would be incorrect from what I was told and ridiculous. Part of the reason it's happening is money and butts in seats. Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

Maybe those fancy new beer despensing machines where all the attendant has to do is card you*?

* - You as in the all encompassing you, not you you. We both know that we never get carded anymore... Ever.

I honestly tried to remember. I have no idea when I was last carded. None. It's probably been since I was actually 21, and that was a while ago. I left the country after that and came back weathered and gray. Never got carded again.

There are...

possibilities currently being pursued.

#thatninjafacething

THIS would make it worthwhile. Other than wanting to see the studies that suggested beer sales would benefit the university/athletics, I've also been asking myself,"Why do WE want to do this?" To be like "the other guys?" Denton (and UNT) is not about that. Some local/craft brews, though...

Revolver.

Support my local economy.

While my hippy pot smoking chicks from California still make my favorite beer at Lagunitas, I've been getting into Four Corners (Dallas), Cobra (Lewisville) and Rabbit Hole (Justin) quite a bit lately. There's a burgeoning community of places selling growlers of uber local beers. The cobra brewery can sell its own beer on premise via "brewery tour" but can't sell it retail. Places like Square One Cafe in Lewisville, about 1,000 feet from the brewery, then put it on tap and sell it in growlers to take home. They're making some mighty fine beer out here in Lewisville. Four Corners has the grooviest cans I've ever seen. The whole top comes off. Instant cup!