MGB: UNT to sell beer at Apogee

Brett Vito

Here's what Houston offered at Robertson stadium

Some selections you will see offered on draft are Shock Top, Ziegenbock, Houston's own St. Arnold's, and a Cougar special called "Coug Brew," which was almost reddish in tint and I found to be decent. Another plus for the Cougars is that they have stadium vendors walking through the stands selling Budweiser, Bud Light and such in the bottle for the fan who would rather not miss the game. Overall I was pleasantly surprised by what the Cougars had to offer and how it was priced.

Read more: http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/robertson-stadium-s467/

Frat boys will still stay on the hill. There may be beer, BUT THERE ARE NO COUCHES TO PASS OUT ON!!

And the 3 or 4 Talons will be there to fire the cannon and fight over the fat girl with XL fupa and rolled up jeans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

From the story on CBS 11

The University applied for and was granted a license to sell alcoholic beverages throughout the facility when it was constructed three years ago.

Wait. What? Seriously? So why the delay? I've heard so many Denton County Sheriff this, TABC that, against state law here, etc. So what it really boiled down to for three years was, "Because think of the children?"

• Upvote 4

Beer snobs are so cosmopolitan. I guess someone had to complain though. After a 6 pack or two it all tastes the same. Uber stock just went up too.

Beer snobs think they know about beer but little do they realize that the hops and barely these craft beers use are actually leftovers that MillerCoors and Bud sells to them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I have it on good authority that the student/young alumni side will have Stones, High Life, and Natty Light. The alumni side will have Shiner, the usuals, Michelob Ultra and Metamucil.

Ha Ha, love the negative vote on the Talon comment. Are they even still around other than the cannon crew?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Beer is beer. That said, I'll drink me some Revolver.

Gotta support the local economy.

Stuff is solid. Enjoyed their Blood & Honey poolside, last weekend. Interesting beer.

Also, on the other end of the spectrum, really enjoyed Lakewood's "Temptress". Outstanding milk stout. Stout, too, at 9% ABV.