North Texas Mean Green vs. Old Dominion Monarchs - 2/13/14

Harry

I need Andrew to tell me it's going to be ok.

I have no clue what will happen. We have the potential... Will we? At this point who knows. We couldn't hit a shot and even when we did play solid D the other team jacked a three and it went in. Maybe we are to deep? I have no clue. It's hard to find five guys who can run as a unit on the floor. And when you do on monetizes you find your best player or two in the bench. There were some pretty bad calls tonight but things did not go our way. I just do not get the shooting. I haven't shot a ball in years but I do not understand how more shots do not fall for us. Create that distance with a move or something and out it up and make it. But anyway I have no idea what the future holds. It's not working. It's not all coaching and it's not all the players. It's just not working though.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I have no clue what will happen. We have the potential... Will we? At this point who knows. We couldn't hit a shot and even when we did play solid D the other team jacked a three and it went in. Maybe we are to deep? I have no clue. It's hard to find five guys who can run as a unit on the floor. And when you do on monetizes you find your best player or two in the bench. There were some pretty bad calls tonight but things did not go our way. I just do not get the shooting. I haven't shot a ball in years but I do not understand how more shots do not fall for us. Create that distance with a move or something and out it up and make it. But anyway I have no idea what the future holds. It's not working. It's not all coaching and it's not all the players. It's just not working though.

We've had lots of potential. For a long time. Not sure why you keep using that statement.

That is not how it works. They are a team. And that is definitely not how it comes off. It's all personal attacks.Next time you see me blast a player

Next time you see me blast a player, let me know please. The staff has let these kids down 2 years in a row. WE WERE SO CLOSE TO BEING LIKE SMU IS NOW less than 2 years ago! BENFORD CAN NEVER BE FORGIVEN FOR THIS MESS.

Never.

This team, as currently constituted, could be top four in CUSA with a different coach. No doubt in my mind.

• Upvote 6

Next time you see me blast a player, let me know please. The staff has let these kids down 2 years in a row. WE WERE SO CLOSE TO BEING LIKE SMU IS NOW less than 2 years ago! BENFORD CAN NEVER BE FORGIVEN FOR THIS MESS.

Never.

This team, as currently constituted, could be top four in CUSA with a different coach. No doubt in my mind.

What has he done any different then any other coach? I have seen awful coaching. This is not awful coaching. I understand the coach will always take the blame. No he is not fantastic, but where has he been just terrible all game? He prepares them just like any other coach. Players who have transferred have said the practices are no different then at Cincinnati or Oklahoma. Obviously in practice he is not awful. They scout just like any other coaching group. Tell me in game an ex pal elf poor coaching? That has been consistently poor. What have you seen? I am not talki NT90 saying he turns to the bench and waves his arms. ODU coach did the same thing this game, as has Middle Tennessee and Tulane coach. No difference there. Again I just want an example of here he failed is besides putting up a W. He cannot make the free throws. He called out every baseline screen and knew where their guys were going to be tonight, if you were at the game you would have seen and heard it. Sometimes our guys were caught up in double or they just didn't get to their man in time. It just didn't work out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

We have talked about this TONS OF TIMES Andrew. The difference between what Coach K, John Wooden, Phil Jackson, and God know about basketball and what Benford knows about it are probably miniscule. The difference is in getting your players to actually produce. Coaching isn't BEING knowledgeable...it's IMPARTING that knowledge. Whatever Benford is doing isn't working. You ask what awful coaching is? It's taking where this program 458 days ago, potential Sweet 16 pick by MAJOR NEWS ORGANIZATIONS, to where it is now.

That is my argument. That is the only one that effing matters.

• Upvote 3

We have talked about this TONS OF TIMES Andrew. The difference between what Coach K, John Wooden, Phil Jackson, and God know about basketball and what Benford knows about it are probably miniscule. The difference is in getting your players to actually produce. Coaching isn't BEING knowledgeable...it's IMPARTING that knowledge. Whatever Benford is doing isn't working. You ask what awful coaching is? It's taking where this program 458 days ago, potential Sweet 16 pick by MAJOR NEWS ORGANIZATIONS, to where it is now.

That is my argument. That is the only one that effing matters.

So your under the impression that you cN drag a horse to water and make it drink. See I always heard the opposite. Sometimes things just do not mesh well. Maybe he needs to go. Let that be decided at the end of the year. I'm fine either way. I will always support UNT basketball and the next coach. I assume you know he has not imparted this knowledge because you have someone in the locker room?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1