North Texas Mean Green vs. Old Dominion Monarchs - 2/13/14

Harry

I agree, but at the same time you can't expect too much out of a school devoid of basketball talent in their area. Good coaches get all they possibly can out of their players during the four years that they have them for. That's all you can do as a coach, from a developmental standpoint. And you have to if other schools are getting bigger, faster, and better players from their area. You can't recruit in high school. At least not comparable to the way you do in college. Especially not at public schools.

My point is, if a coach at a high school has an annual losing record, and everyone knows he's playing schools with better talent every night, he isn't at fault the way a college coach is, knowing that he is the one bringing in those players.

We're just going to have to disagree on something's here. Just different philosophies.

As far as this team goes I do believe the majority of the blame does fall with the coaches. I'm just not one to give a free pass to the players. They are responsible for this mess too. At the end of the day it is my belief that the HC has to answer to his failure or success. I don't think he gets fired though. I think he get another year.

So your under the impression that you cN drag a horse to water and make it drink.

That is literally, nor figuratively, but LITERALLY what managing/coaching is about. You have to motivate the horse to make it think it WANTS TO DRINK THE WATER.

And you guys are thinking way to small on the fire pictures, the fire bombing of Dresden:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-Z0309-310,_Zerst%C

We're just going to have to disagree on something's here. Just different philosophies.

As far as this team goes I do believe the majority of the blame does fall with the coaches. I'm just not one to give a free pass to the players. They are responsible for this mess too. At the end of the day it is my belief that the HC has to answer to his failure or success. I don't think he gets fired though. I think he get another year.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. I just think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying a little.

I'm not saying a high school coach says "gee, I hope my freshman are good this year so my team might actually be good down the road." You're right. He can't rely on having good players at his school in order to be successful, but he's limited by what players he has to work with at his school. I really don't know what there is to disagree with about that. It's a fact. D1 coaches get to go after the guys they want. They don't get them all, but they are in control of who they recruit and who they get on their team.

I realize you are not putting all the blame on the players and none on the coaches. I just feel like you're not realizing that people complain about Benford because of the state that he has put the basketball program. Not blaming him for single-handedly causing any of our losses purely because of bad coaching.

• Downvote 1

I'm as excited as the next guy for where football could go, but we've had 1 winning season in the last 10... and he and his hires were solely responsible for those 9 as well as the 1. 3 1/2 of those years were the worst that anyone could have experienced as a fan of a college football team. The jury is out on whether we have a good football program. I think we will, but we don't know. Just one year of success.

If he doesn't offer you a job in the promotions dept when you graduate, then something is wrong.

That last line is a good job idea, I need to do some research into it, I don't know what to do after I graduate. I'm being honest, here. Haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1