New UNT Uniforms

Eagle915

Argyle wore a helmet with that eagle feather design at the state championships. Not saying it's not a good look, but don't know if we want people to say "Oh, look, they're copying a local high school."

As for the chrome helmets, they look like ass after the game starts and there's contact. With the way our defense plays, and Skladany coaches them to play, they would look like terrible halfway through the first quarter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The biggest constraint with helmets is the cost. ($30K+ to outfit the team)
I really liked the matte black that Baylor wore vs. Oklahoma (Baylor went insane in 2013 with the amount of cash spent on helmets $200K+)
I also love the shinny purple chrome that TCU wears 2-3 times a year. (people here in Fort Worth call them Bass Boat Purple).
Cost is a constraint but would really like to see NT have a 2nd option in matte black or shinny Bass Boat Green. See attached photo & think Mean Green. (if Bass Boat Chrome is too shinny for you...look at step down glossy i.e. Oklahoma helmet & think Mean Green)
Our current helmet is kind of a flat mint green...we need a little Mojo Green!
War Eagle!
"THE" University of North Texas
3XL

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 1

little college football humor...my attempt to lighten the mood from meangreener's "an eagle dies" post....

War Eagle! Auburn (Tiger & Eagle) = North Texas (Mean Green & Eagle)

"THE" University of North Texas = play on "THE" Ohio State University

Edited by 3XL

little college football humor...my attempt to lighten the mood from meangreener's "an eagle dies" post....

War Eagle! Auburn (Tiger & Eagle) = North Texas (Mean Green & Eagle)

"THE" University of North Texas = play on "THE" Ohio State University

I knew the allusions you were making. But I'd just as soon leave "War Eagle" in Jordan-Hare, where it belongs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1