New UNT QB Offer: Josh Greer

NT03

Played against him in high school. JUCO kid, think he'd have 3 years left to play 3.

Says he is a pocket passer. I'm confused on the QB offers. Offering both dual and pocket passers. Would like to think it would just one of the two .. I guess we do need to replace all those TE's...

• Upvote 1

Says he is a pocket passer. I'm confused on the QB offers. Offering both dual and pocket passers. Would like to think it would just one of the two .. I guess we do need to replace all those TE's...

He definitely isn't a dual-threat. He just isn't an upgrade over any of our qbs IMO. I haven't seem him play since high school though, so who knows.

He definitely isn't a dual-threat. He just isn't an upgrade over any of our qbs IMO. I haven't seem him play since high school though, so who knows.

Any thoughts on the 5 game highlight shown above on hudl? I know the coaches are familiar with him given that we offered him in high school but this offer is kind of out of left field. His only other offers are FIU & Georgia State. This could very well be Brent Osborn part two.

Any thoughts on the 5 game highlight shown above on hudl? I know the coaches are familiar with him given that we offered him in high school but this offer is kind of out of left field. His only other offers are FIU & Georgia State. This could very well be Brent Osborn part two.

Looks to be improved. It won't hurt to have some competition. Always like when JUCOs have 3 years to play 3. He's always been a good 7-on-7 type qb. Struggled when he got blitzed, which is pretty common for high school qbs. Showed some good escapability in the highlights.

If we bring him in we'll have 5 qbs on scholarship, none of which will be seniors, all competing for the qb job. Should be very interesting whether we get him or not.

Any reason why we would go after a Juco with the other QB's on the roster? Just a question

With one of the best receiving corps in the nation, Greer doesn’t have to overthink. He’s got the fleet Devin Lauderdale, the consummate possession receiver in Austin Collins and former quarterback Alex Austin. And then there’s lanky 6-5 receiver Markel Steward-Gillespie.

“When I know there’s a deep route, I feel confident that Devin can go get it because he’s a real burner,” Greer said. “We’ve got so many receivers with different skill sets. It’s a great group of receivers. We’ve got everything.”

This could be a possible clue considering the receiving corp we will have beginning next season.

He also has the size our coaching staff seems to like which is one reason we passed on offering the Carthage qb. And he is a "home-metroplex" kid. Which I think somehow plays into it aswell.

• Upvote 1

It is always a possibility that not all of the QB's on our roster return next season. Hope this is not the case, but always a possibility. We don't always know what's going on behind the curtain.

Of course, it could just be that the kid has the potential to bring something to the table that we don't already have.

• Upvote 1

This situation seems strange to me. I am betting it is one of three things...

1. One of our returning QBs has indicated to coaches they are not returning.

2. Connor Means is no longer committed to us.

3. We did not, in fact, actually offer Josh Greer.

If we were looking for a transfer QB, why not be more patient and wait until JW Walsh inevitably transfers from OSU?