Who do you want to play ?

NT03

Michigan. That would be a huge David vs. Goliath matchup, but Michigan is not nearly the Goliath this year that perception makes them out to be. I think Iowa is just as tough as Michigan for the most part, but whatever we would do against Iowa would be diminished next to what we would do against Michigan.

• Upvote 2

Do people on this board truly believe playing against Michigan would be in the best interest of the UNT football team?? We need wins and bowl wins. That is what begins turning recruits heads. Not saying we went to a bowl and played Michigan tough but they pulled away late. Just my opinion but I am curious as to the people who chose Michigan. They may not be the top 15 team they usually are but I guarantee they are MUCH better than just about any team we have played with exception to Georgia. I will probably get blasted for this post but oh well. Fire away.

• Upvote 2

I voted Navy. I very winnable game in a very packed house.

Our OL would wear them down and Byrd would run for 200+. Nobody on the field could matchup up with Chancellor and I could see a KO/PR to the house

Our defense's strength is against the run. Navy would be forced to pass & we would eat them up

UNT 31

Navy 17

• Upvote 1

I will be at the game for sure, and will be yelling my lungs out. However, I am just curious as to the realistic chance we have of beating them. Running QBs have given us some trouble this year particularly in the spread offenses. I believe we would fight tooth and nail with them, but I am just curious how many people understand how good Michigan still is.

Michigan.

Even with a loss, the REALITY--not perception--that UNT plays big boy football would be terrific for recruiting and publicity purposes.

Would increase perceived legitimacy.

This makes sense. I was wondering why so many people picked Michigan also.

I will be at the game for sure, and will be yelling my lungs out. However, I am just curious as to the realistic chance we have of beating them. Running QBs have given us some trouble this year particularly in the spread offenses. I believe we would fight tooth and nail with them, but I am just curious how many people understand how good Michigan still is.

Ball state is ahead of Michigan in the BCS standings (34 vs 41) and we beat them. Not saying we would definitely beat Michigan. But IF we played our best, we would probably win.

I always find it interesting that so much stock is held in rankings. Ball State didn't have Michigan's schedule this year. Its really kind of silly. I don't look forward to the possibility of playing Michigan. :(

It's a measuring stick to see just how good we are. The Georgia team we played was much better than Michigan, IMO. We did alright for 2 1/2 qtrs.

Playing Michigan close would be a HUGE boost for this program, which needs every leg up it can get.

Hell, event the fact that we faced Michigan in a bowl game would provide a good recruiting advantage and legitimize the UNT program which, sadly and mistakenly, is still perceived as a joke to many of its own alumni.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1