OK We Have a Gentleman's Wager with RowdyTalk.com!

Harry

LOL - Why are you guys so proud of playing in some place you rent? It isn't your stadium. Stop bragging about it. Especially since I know every single one of you would love to have an on-campus stadium.

You act as if Apogee fell out of the sky and it just landed in our back yard. We earned that stadium:

The students voted to pass a fee. I know you guys have problems with students supporting UTSA, but here they want a successful program.

The alumni stepped up and donated money for it. Some gave millions, some gave thousands, but they gave.

The administration went out and found major corporate donors. Those donor's didn't give some free chicken coupons, they gave millions of dollars.

So if you come here Saturday, enjoy a real college atmosphere.

When Boomer goes off, find out why he has 12 brass screws, that's called tradition.

Those 10,000 people just behind your teams bench? Those are called student's attending a football game.

The place you are sitting in? That's called a 78 million dollar commitment, not a rental.

PREACH!

If your response wasn't so ignorantly sad, it would be funny, in a sad way.

Waiting for the "I'm a Marine, so you can't question anything I say or YOU are not patriotic" response.

Probably about 2 posts away,

Why do you hate Marines so much? Did you try going in and they didn't accept you? Or did you wife leave you for one? Oh I know, you must of been in the Navy. Yeah that's it, isn't?!?

We love our dome as much as y'all love apogee. Yeah KFC gave tickets away for two games, which was probable less than 1k of them. But so what? I bet y'all can't even get fans with free KFC tickets like we did. Y'all can argue all y'all want about history and tradition and then 12 screws on a cannon, but since when does tradition and history wins you games?

Ya talk down to us like y'all are Alabama, shit, y'all can't even put 30k in apogee!

I am sorry you hate Marines. I'll just leave you with this quote, "All men are created equal, then some become Marines."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL - Why are you guys so proud of playing in some place you rent? It isn't your stadium. Stop bragging about it. Especially since I know every single one of you would love to have an on-campus stadium.

You act as if Apogee fell out of the sky and it just landed in our back yard. We earned that stadium:

The students voted to pass a fee. I know you guys have problems with students supporting UTSA, but here they want a successful program.

The alumni stepped up and donated money for it. Some gave millions, some gave thousands, but they gave.

The administration went out and found major corporate donors. Those donor's didn't give some free chicken coupons, they gave millions of dollars.

So if you come here Saturday, enjoy a real college atmosphere.

When Boomer goes off, find out why he has 12 brass screws, that's called tradition.

Those 10,000 people just behind your teams bench? Those are called student's attending a football game.

The place you are sitting in? That's called a 78 million dollar commitment, not a rental.

Our stadium is bigger than yours.

Our stadium is bigger than yours.

That was the best retort you could come up with?!? It's not even your stadium -- it belongs to the city and its tax payers.

OK State - 40,977

Houston - 32,487

Rice - 25,272

Tulane - 24,606

It might be bigger but you're having a tough time filling it.

I certainly didn't give millions, but I gave a meager enough amount to get the little *stadium donor by my name in the program. I voted for it in student elections, I paid the student fees, then I started donating. Apogee is therefore my home. It doesn't belong to the Denton City Council, it doesn't belong to Britton Banowsky's television whims, and I certainly don't share it with an arena football team. It's not a municipal castoff from an unsuccessful NFL bid rented to me on a month to month.

It belongs to me and my football team, the North Texas Mean Green.

Edited by oldguystudent

So I've heard UTSA is treating this like their Super Bowl. Apparently your team and coaches have a high opinion of our program. That's cute though, I mean, you've been pretty much eliminated from the Championship and there's too many bowl teams this year.

I just don't think UTSA fans have any idea how hard it is to win at Apogee.

And UTSA owns the Alamodome? Not what I heard from Rice.

Edited by meangreener

Why do you hate Marines so much? Did you try going in and they didn't accept you? Or did you wife leave you for one? Oh I know, you must of been in the Navy. Yeah that's it, isn't?!?

We love our dome as much as y'all love apogee. Yeah KFC gave tickets away for two games, which was probable less than 1k of them. But so what? I bet y'all can't even get fans with free KFC tickets like we did. Y'all can argue all y'all want about history and tradition and then 12 screws on a cannon, but since when does tradition and history wins you games?

Ya talk down to us like y'all are Alabama, shit, y'all can't even put 30k in apogee!

I am sorry you hate Marines. I'll just leave you with this quote, "All men are created equal, then some become Marines."

And there it is, right on cue.

It wouldn't surprise me if you had never served.

Love Marines, just not those who impose their Marineness in places where it doesn't belong, like sports arguments.

I bet you have Marine license plates on your car, wear Marine T-Shirts every day, tell everyone you meet that you are a marine, whether the situation is appropriate or not, and drive a camo colored Ford pick-up, cause they're tough like marines.

I appreciate those who serve with dignity and grace and not in your face...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Love Marines, just not those who impose their Marineness in places where it doesn't belong, like sports arguments.

I bet you have Marine license plates on your car, wear Marine T-Shirts every day, tell everyone you meet that you are a marine, whether the situation is appropriate or not, and drive a camp colored Ford pick-up, cause they're tough like marines.

You're not too shabby, 90. ;)

• Upvote 1

I bet you have Marine license plates on your car, wear Marine T-Shirts every day, tell everyone you meet that you are a marine, whether the situation is appropriate or not, and drive a camo colored Ford pick-up, cause they're tough like marines.

Bahahahaha!!! Nvm, you weren't in the navy, you were in the Air Force. But the other UTSA posters on here can tell you that the only true thing about this post is that I drive a ford. Good try though, want a cookie?

Your hatred for Marines is high, I can sense it.

Edited by UTSAMarineVet09

Bahahahaha!!! Nvm, you weren't in the navy, you were in the Air Force. But the other UTSA posters on here can tell you that the only true thing about this post is that I drive a ford. Good try though!

My grandfather was in the Marines during WWII.

You're still way over the top.

He'd find your chest beating disgraceful, I can guarantee that.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

Can we change the bet? UTSA loses and their loser posters can't post on GMG for 2 years.

Good one so everyone can go back to basking in the greatness that is North Texas? Everyone can pick 100-0 scores and talk about pipedreams of being a national champion and landing 5 star recruits because the greenies are having one good season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good one so everyone can go back to basking in the greatness that is North Texas? Everyone can pick 100-0 scores and talk about pipedreams of being a national champion and landing 5 star recruits because the greenies are having one good season.

I doubt you'll see much of that from NT fans. Maybe from University of South Austin fans but not here.

Edited by UNTFan23

Bahahahaha!!! Nvm, you weren't in the navy, you were in the Air Force. But the other UTSA posters on here can tell you that the only true thing about this post is that I drive a ford. Good try though, want a cookie?

Ya, you're right. I mean it's not like you mentioned your Marineness and how many of your fellow service members died in the line of duty...

... In a post about a college football game.

Cheapen much?