ESPN Week 4 Bowl Picks

MeanGreen61

Heart of Dallas is for the CUSA 4th place finisher. I hear the lights at Graceland are beautiful at Christmas. How about some barbecue and blues, Memphis Style, for the holidays? That's where the champion plays.

( 2nd bowl tie in is Hawaii, and 3rd place is the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth)

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1

Heart of Dallas is for the CUSA 4th place finisher. I hear the lights at Graceland are beautiful at Christmas. How about some barbecue and blues, Memphis Style, for the holidays? That's where the champion plays.

( 2nd bowl tie in is Hawaii, and 3rd place is the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth)

Heart of Dallas

(Big Ten vs. Big 12)

• Downvote 1

Outside of the Liberty bowl, the other bowls are filled not by finish, but by bowl committee selection.

Hawaii doesn't take the second place team, they have the first pick out of all the remaining bowl eligible teams, then the AF bowl picks second, etc.

Heart of Dallas(Big Ten vs. Big 12)

Brett, got my info from the conference website:

Conference USA Bowl Partners

Bowl Championship Series

Bowl Date Time Stadium Network Match-up

AutoZone Liberty Bowl December 31, 2013 3:00 p.m. CST Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium

Memphis, Tennessee ESPN C-USA vs. SEC/American

Beef O'Brady's Bowl December 23, 2013 2:00 p.m. CT Tropicana Field

St. Petersburg, Fla. ESPN C-USA vs. American

Heart of Dallas Bowl January 1, 2014 11:00 a.m. CT Cotton Bowl Stadium

Dallas, Texas ESPNU C-USA vs. Big Ten

Military Bowl December 27, 2013 1:30 p.m. CT Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium

Annapolis, Md. ESPN C-USA vs. ACC

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl December 21, 2013 8:00 p.m. CT Mercedes-Benz Superdome

New Orleans, La. ESPN C-USA vs. Sun Belt

Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl December 24, 2013 7:00 p.m. CT Aloha Stadium

Honolulu, Hawai'i ESPN C-USA vs. Mountain West

Edited by Green Dozer

That's not correct. ESPN has it wrong. The Heart of Dallas bowl is a direct CUSA tie in this year vs. the Big 10. Next year it is the Big 12(10) vs. the Big 10(12). It flips back and forth each year.

That was what I was going by. But it would still be AWESOME if NT is bowl eligible and there are not enough Big Xii teams that are bowl eligible.

I would love to be in the heart of Dallas bowl.... I could actually make the game! But I still wish the whole bowl game issue could be resolved. 3rd place in confence X versus 5th place in confrence Z... I wish they would just make selections later on not based on positioning. (Minus the big five or soon to be play off system. I want to win confrence USA but still play in the heart of Dallas bowl.

• Upvote 1

That was what I was going by. But it would still be AWESOME if NT is bowl eligible and there are not enough Big Xii teams that are bowl eligible.

Well, if that happened there is a chance we could pick up an invite to a different bowl, like maybe the Alamo Bowl or the one in Houston that I think have Big 12 tie-ins...regardless, the number of Big 12 teams that are bowl eligible is irrelevant to the HOD bowl this year...we also have 4 or more games to win.

I would love to be in the heart of Dallas bowl.... I could actually make the game! But I still wish the whole bowl game issue could be resolved. 3rd place in confence X versus 5th place in confrence Z... I wish they would just make selections later on not based on positioning. (Minus the big five or soon to be play off system. I want to win confrence USA but still play in the heart of Dallas bowl.

The bowls have an order of picking, but they do not have to pick according to order of finish...

Another thing to remember about the Heart of Dallas Bowl...don't just consider the payout, but remember that travel costs will be significantly lower for the team as well, leaving more of the payout money for the program. Of course you want to hit the highest profile bowl possible, but if the level of exposure across a few bowls is similar, the easy fanbase and the net purse from a close bowl provides two benefits that others wouldn't have.