Derek Football!

North Texas Shep

I've been watching North Texas QB's since 1962 and today's performance by Thompson would match any that I have seen over the years. Great job by Derek, great job by defense (after a shaky start), great job by the receivers and great job by the team and coaches. Only disappointing thing was lousy job by the students. Where the heck is school spirit?

• Upvote 1

I should clarify, the settle down part of my post was in reference to the thread title, not the OP's actual post. DT did great and really gutted it out.

The line did a nice job of letting him step into throws. He back-foots it when he is pressured, which leads to those bad throws. He wasn't perfect tonight, but he delivered some throws that I didn't think he could make - especially on some key 3rd downs.

And that TD run was pretty solid.

Derek Football is a joke...

What a great game. DT played near perfect. Lee was a monster in the secondary, and Chancellor was solid as always. Congratulations to all the players. Several made great plays that impacted the game. Aside from the early mistakes, our team was clicking.

Also. lets hear it for the crowd. They really got into the game when the mean Green needed them down the stretch. I thought it was loud.

• Upvote 3

Thompson did very well tonight. I know things were not perfect, but the turnaround from first to second half was striking. Defense made a large change in intensity, but the offense, starting with DT, also got it going. He was good, tough, and clutch. Nice to see. He deserves his props this week for sure.

Nice win, GMG!

• Upvote 1

This is the kind of game I was hoping this season would yield. This is the kind of performance I was expecting when I referred to Derek as a decent-but-not-great QB. He won't find his way into the college HOF, but if he can consistently play this way all season, he will be rewarded with a bowl game as his sending-off present. #hit6 is very attainable with the team coming together the way they did today. Keep it up, guys!

• Upvote 1

DT wore the BIG S on his uniform tonight. Very impressed with his poise and grit after his injury.

I thought Coach Canales had a great game plan as well. Really liked coming out with the high percentage passes. Took a while but the running game looked solid...especially in the 2nd half. Was really glad to see Reggie have a good game. Think there is some mileage in that horse.

I thought this was one of those must win games. Georgia will be tough and everyone traveling to Georgia will have the wear the BIG S and then some to beat Georgia...But regardless, I like what I saw tonight against a good Ball St team and beginning to think that this MEAN GREEN team looks like a bowl team and a team that could be in the top of the food chain in CUSA.

• Upvote 2