UNT fills out Non Conference Hoops Slate

Harry

A 5:00, 4:00, and 11:30 tip during the week. My wife and i have been to every home game for a few years and i doubt we will be able to keep that streak any longer.

Did every church league in the country meet our team in the parking lot after the hot springs tourney game and issue a challenge?

• Upvote 4

I understand that every team does it but this does not help UNT's program.

Headlines (SportsDay - Dallas Morning News) Yesterday and today:

September 10, 2013

Dallas Triple A Academy won each 1A game by an average of 50+ points. (Starters played less than 20 minutes)

Won the Class 1A state championship game by approx. 30 pts (closest margin)

Every player returns in 2013-2014

Best player (King McClure) didn't play the last 3-5 games due to injury

UIL approves Dallas Triple A's request to move up 2 classes to 3A (effective for 13-14); to play in the same district with 3A State Champ, Dallas Madison and against bigger 4A & 5A programs (2012-2013 enrollment - 117)

September 11, 2013

UNT announces its 2013-2014 schedule (in CUSA)

Student Enrollment 36,000

Just saying

• Upvote 1

That looks like a Johnny Jones schedule. Hello 20 wins!

I don't think at any point in JJ's tenure was the schedule THIS weak. On the other hand, maybe some early wins will help the kids buy into Benford's system. Sometimes a little confidence is really what is needed more than anything.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

UNT90 looks like you may lose your bet with KRAM!

Don't bank on it. Benford is still coaching this team, although if I knew he was going to rival home football scheduling, I probably would have made the bet no more than 4 conference wins.

3 NAIA trams gives him the chance ot lower the bar even further. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes advantage of it.

It is really, really sad to see us have to go beyond early JJ scheduling with a team that was poised for great things before we hired a coach who couldn't. It's just sad. Don't know if I can even muster up the want to for the UTEP game.

And no one did one damn thing about it. If football fails this year, I hope the new president has the balls to clean F'n house.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1