The need for more hype during UNT games

bleedgreen4ever

Consider me on the side of something younger and that would actually hype up the players. Just an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AABgXnPBqk

Probably the edited version, though. Some of these songs y'all throw out are older than some of these players' parents.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

First and ten, do it again, go, go!

:banghead2::hammer::banghead2::hammer::banghead2::hammer::banghead2::hammer:

That is the most annoying "cheer" ever.

• Upvote 1

:banghead2::hammer::banghead2::hammer::banghead2::hammer::banghead2::hammer:

That is the most annoying "cheer" ever.

It's basically an elementary school cheer squad top ten. How they continue to use it is beyond me. I'm embarrassed for them.

Guys (speaking to whomever is "in charge" of this kind of thing) if you keep doing this and nobody is joining in say... 99.99% of the time - that is a failed cheer. Drop it and try something new. That IS basic common sense right???

Can't believe I'm explaining this further but - it annoys me so...

Again - to the powers that be - you guys CAN see the difference between the one and only cheer that works and like - everything else right?

Cheer that works - "NORTH" -- "TEXAS"

Cheers that don't work... everything else.

Got it?

Ya'lls taste in rock/hype music is incredibly disheartening.

I'd rather see Athletics (or hell, any part of this university) embrace the amazing music culture here in town and use tracks from the likes of:

RTB2

The Angelus

newer Midlake

etc.

These aren't wholly applicable to football intros, but its still something the university and Athletics have been neglecting for far too long.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think this thread is the epitome of the problem. We are worried about the music.

1) The entrance is fine

2) Get some sort of ending for the "North" "Texas" debacle. It just ends with a lul. Do it 3 times and end with "Go Mean Green"

3)Get a catchy phrase for 3rd downs "Get Loud for 3rd Down"...something translatable to all. My wife has no idea what 3rd down means and doesn't care, but if she's told to get loud...she get's loud (that's why I married her).

4)The cheerleaders come no where near the center of the home stands. Get them out there an rallying the crowd. They stay on the margins and are rather useless for their intended purpose.

5)We need a common cheer for all that can go into action with a few moves from the cheerleader, and the big screen. "yooouuUUUUUU NT FIGHT! Go Mean Green!" Something simple that we all know.

That's a start.

• Upvote 1

I must add that we need real pep rally's. I heard Mean Green Fling had a great turnout; however the pep rally, the night before the game, was extremely lame. A DJ with rap playing, a 20x10 pool of foam, no coaches, no players, a short appearance by the band to play the fights song and then all 30 people went home. LAME. We need some FIGHT put into the pep rally to get folks excited. Damn we are lame.

2) Get some sort of ending for the "North" "Texas" debacle. It just ends with a lul. Do it 3 times and end with "Go Mean Green"

Wow this times 100.. how many times have we chanted this a dozen times just to slowly have it fade off because people are tired and bored of doing it!

5)We need a common cheer for all that can go into action with a few moves from the cheerleader, and the big screen. "yooouuUUUUUU NT FIGHT! Go Mean Green!" Something simple that we all know.

Will never happen. We are stuck for all eternity with a "North"...."Texas" chant that has neither a beginning nor an end.

"North.....Texassssss,....North.....Texassss,....

(5 minutes later)................................Nommmmmmm....mmmmmmm...

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Will never happen. We are stuck for all eternity with a "North"...."Texas" chant that has neither a beginning nor an end.

"North.....Texassssss,....North.....Texassss,....

(5 minutes later)................................Nommmmmmm....mmmmmmm...

Rick

Actually, I thought it worked pretty well on Saturday one time when it was going on during a timeout or something and then when play was about to resume (UNT on offense), it stopped almost immediately.

• Downvote 2

Ya'lls taste in rock/hype music is incredibly disheartening.

I'd rather see Athletics (or hell, any part of this university) embrace the amazing music culture here in town and use tracks from the likes of:

RTB2

The Angelus

newer Midlake

etc.

These aren't wholly applicable to football intros, but its still something the university and Athletics have been neglecting for far too long.

Ryan is incredible!

How about just doing this once:

Students: NORTH

Alumni: TEXAS

Students: MEAN

Alumni: GREEN

and, if there's time before the next play, it can be repeated (once).

Thoughts?

I can tell you from experience that about 1/3 of the alumni stop responding after the 1st time, ~2/3 are done after the second go around. By the 3rd time, it's just a dull sound. so, "North", "Texas" then all together..."Go Mean Green". But again, nobody will do anything about these issue to excite the crowd. 'tis a shame.

• Upvote 1

I can tell you from experience that about 1/3 of the alumni stop responding after the 1st time, ~2/3 are done after the second go around. By the 3rd time, it's just a dull sound. so, "North", "Texas" then all together..."Go Mean Green". But again, nobody will do anything about these issue to excite the crowd. 'tis a shame.

Usually it takes 3 or 4 times before I even know it's going on. Then it gets loud. Then it goes away.

The idea of going back and forth with North Texas and then both sides of the stadium saying "Go Mean Green!" has been floated on here for years. Problem is that the people who could actually make that change don't care.

Exactly. Why is this the case? Doesn't the AD have moles in here? Aren't they listening? Hey - AD mole! FIX THIS, PLEASE!!!

Oh and by the way, fix the whole microphone thing, please, while you're at it...

Edited by Stan R
  • Upvote 1

18k people jumping around isn't much of a homefield advantage no matter what you do.

In Fort Worth where 50k show up, jumping around in Amon Carter filled with nothing but black shirts, the crowd is ELECTRIC while waving the giant fear the frog banner in the stands.

And before you bring up records, you played IDAHO while we played LSU. Anybody (except for New Mexico State) can blow out Idaho but not many can stand toe to toe with LSU. Were taking the Big 12 this year. Book it.

Make sport while you can, LizzardStyle, your days are numbered. ColoradoEagle is right, we will be better than you. Not today, but soon and for the rest of our lives.

I must add that we need real pep rally's. I heard Mean Green Fling had a great turnout; however the pep rally, the night before the game, was extremely lame. A DJ with rap playing, a 20x10 pool of foam, no coaches, no players, a short appearance by the band to play the fights song and then all 30 people went home. LAME. We need some FIGHT put into the pep rally to get folks excited. Damn we are lame.

Coach Mac was late to the first Coach's Show at Rudy's cause he said he was delayed leaving the pep rally that was happening at Apogee with 4k students, cheer/Scrappy, and the band.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Set up a UFC style cage fight in the center of the stadium right before or after the Pep Rally. Fired up.

18k people jumping around isn't much of a homefield advantage no matter what you do.

In Fort Worth where 50k show up, jumping around in Amon Carter filled with nothing but black shirts, the crowd is ELECTRIC while waving the giant fear the frog banner in the stands.

And before you bring up records, you played IDAHO while we played LSU. Anybody (except for New Mexico State) can blow out Idaho but not many can stand toe to toe with LSU. Were taking the Big 12 this year. Book it.

I really don't get you, man. I mean, it's not like this is ponyfans.com or anything like that. In fact, if you'd read around here (I'm surprised you haven't since you seem to be so obsessed with sticking your head in here and trying to p*ss all over us) you might actually see that most North Texas fans actually look up to and respect what's going on over in Fort Worth.

Let me put it this way: I know for certain a majority of your purple-blooded buddies over there harbor ill feelings towards the University of Texas because of the way a lot of their fans talk to you guys. Don't become one of those guys. Nobody likes those guys. Most Texas fans I know actually don't like those guys.

You've been to a couple of big bowl games lately. Awesome. Wear your "Rose Bowl Champion" t-shirts with pride. But that's really it. It's not like you have an outstanding tradition built on decades of National Championships to hang your hats on. It's like a Rangers fan going in and bullying Mariners fans. In the end, it's really not much to brag about until you've actually reached the top. (I'm actually a Rangers fan, so let's not turn this into a Rangers v. Mariners thing) Just please hear me out and understand that you're going around picking a fight with the little kid that wants to be like you when he's older. In fact, just point your anger at teams that actually play you this season. How about that?

• Upvote 2

You've been to a couple of big bowl games lately. Awesome. Wear your "Rose Bowl Champion" t-shirts with pride. But that's really it. It's not like you have an outstanding tradition built on decades of National Championships to hang your hats on. It's like a Rangers fan going in and bullying Mariners fans. In the end, it's really not much to brag about until you've actually reached the top. (I'm actually a Rangers fan, so let's not turn this into a Rangers v. Mariners thing) Just please hear me out and understand that you're going around picking a fight with the little kid that wants to be like you when he's older. In fact, just point your anger at teams that actually play you this season. How about that?

The Mariners have never made it to the World Series. Maybe you meant the A's...

The Mariners have never made it to the World Series. Maybe you meant the A's...

No, I meant the Mariners. They've never played in the World Series, we've never played for a National Championship . . . TCU has but it was ages ago, while the Rangers have had some good success lately and actually have played in two World Series still have as much to show to their name as the Mariners do.

It's late and I'm towards the end of a work shift, so forgive me if I'm not making sense.