Denton County Hamburger NOT CLOSED

I read about how everybody here likes Denton County Hamburger here. I just wanted to let anybody that might not know it, but there is the 2nd location, which has not closed and it is at 715 Sunset Denton. Same owner from the square who personally builds your burgers, same fresh menu, and pretty cool decor similar to the square. FYI, Sunset is just south of the University Dr. & Carrolll intersection. Closed on Sunday, but open at night during the week. They even have beer,

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 2

The location that closed on the square was actually sold by the guy who ran both of them. He sold it a couple of years ago, and the new owner kept the name.

The square location--IMO--suffered because of this, again in my opinion, and it eventually went out of business.

The location that closed on the square was actually sold by the guy who ran both of them. He sold it a couple of years ago, and the new owner kept the name.

The square location--IMO--suffered because of this, again in my opinion, and it eventually went out of business.

That and the fact that it was closed every evening, so no dinner crowd at all. If you were not close enough to get there for lunch you were just out of luck. Just didn't work for me...yep, went on a weekend from time to time but would loved to have dropped by for a burger at dinner as well. Have to assume such hours hurt it in the long run...thus...it is no more.

Here's what's going in the old space quoted from http://wedentondoit.com/blog/2013/5/15/mr-farris-goes-to-city-hall-may which you should definitely read and follow on FB and Twitter if you want to be in the know about Denton stuff.

"Remember how Denton County Hamburger was never open past 3pm, and no one ever knew why? Turns out the HVAC barely worked - so they just didn’t stay open longer than the AC unit could handle. Crazy huh?

On that same topic, Denton County Hamburger's square location is no more (RIP, sweet, greasy prince), but the big news of the day is that Lone Star Attitude is moving in. The head chef from Fireside Pies and Hibiscus is carefully crafting a burger concept built around a traditional burger that doesn’t include extra love sauce or throwing on a chalupa. They are spending roughly $750,000 on renovations to get it up to code, open, and running. Apparently the seat count will be up to 178 (that's a lot of seats y'all). They'll be able to accommodate all of those brand new fancy-sch'mancy seats because they will also have a rooftop patio. To get there you'll have to hop up some new stairs designed by UNT students that look like piano keys and make music as you go up. We already can’t wait to have a burger and a beer on the rooftop while watching Twilight Tunes and the sun go down... sounds kinda great doesn’t it? We hope the burgers hold up, too."

Mr Frosty's is number 1! Well, except in service. Unless, you like guys who never smile to take your order (I think it is funny). Food is great though.

Wouldn't be Frosty's without Randy, so I agree. To me, it's just part of the character of the place. I am probably used to it since I live in Denton and I frequent it. By the way, their root beer is homemade. Next time, try an off the menu item called a black cow. It is awesome!

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't be Frosty's without Randy, so I agree. To me, it's just part of the character of the place. I am probably used to it since I live in Denton and I frequent it. By the way, their root beer is homemade. Next time, try an off the menu item called a black cow. It is awesome!

Once Randy begins to recognize your face he's not nearly as grouchy... It doesn't get much better in Denton than a burger and root beer float sitting outside at Frosty's.

• Upvote 3