Scotty Young #1 after La. tech Spring

Harry

You must not have checked lately, Hutto is now 4A.

Still a mystery. Good kid, good family.

Side note: any of you all that follow recruiting know anything about their second string QB out of Hutto? Last time I checked Hutto was 6 man football.

Who knows what the real story is, but if it is true that he wanted to come here and we said no..

Big mistake...

Really big mistake...

and if that were true and he dropped out of la tech or was buried on the bench, would it still be a big mistake???

shiat happens in recruiting...nothing is perfect...move on from the ones we don't have...

• Upvote 2

and if that were true and he dropped out of la tech or was buried on the bench, would it still be a big mistake???

shiat happens in recruiting...nothing is perfect...move on from the ones we don't have...

UNT can't afford to lose talent at the QB position, especially if a talent like Young wanted to play here.

It seems if there is a decision to be made, we make the wrong one every time.

Here is to hoping BB shows something in fall practice.

Edited by UNT90

UNT can't afford to lose talent at the QB position, especially if a talent like Young wanted to play here.

It seems if there is a decision to be made, we make the wrong one every time.

Here is to hoping BB shows something in fall practice.

So, the decision was basically to pass over a former 4-star recruit with one year of eligibility remaining to pick up a 3 star recruit with three years remaining?

Young: 4-stars, 5.8 Rivals rating (6'3", 185 lbs., runs a 4.8 forty)

Berglund: 3-stars, 5.7 rating (6'4", 205 lbs., runs a 4.62 forty)

I would love to have signed Young considering he is from Denton, but I would rather have a transfer with multiple years remaining.

So, the decision was basically to pass over a former 4-star recruit with one year of eligibility remaining to pick up a 3 star recruit with three years remaining?

Young: 4-stars, 5.8 Rivals rating (6'3", 185 lbs., runs a 4.8 forty)

Berglund: 3-stars, 5.7 rating (6'4", 205 lbs., runs a 4.62 forty)

I would love to have signed Young considering he is from Denton, but I would rather have a transfer with multiple years remaining.

Young is a RS Junior according to La Tech's depth chart. So he will be there two years. Berglund will be here three years. We're talking a difference of a year. If DT starts then that extra year is moot (and you have to worry if BB couldn't beat him out).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Young is a RS Junior according to La Tech's depth chart. So he will be there two years. Berglund will be here three years. We're talking a difference of a year. If DT starts then that extra year is moot (and you have to worry if BB couldn't beat him out).

Thanks. For some reason I thought I read that Young only had one year of eligibility left. Honestly, if you pull up their Rivals pages and look at who they are compared to, you might scratch your head and wonder who some of those other highly rated QB's were. I think the decision was based upon their style of play, Dual Threat vs. Pocket Passer, and how that fit our offense. Just my guess.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. For some reason I thought I read that Young only had one year of eligibility left. Honestly, if you pull up their Rivals pages and look at who they are compared to, you might scratch your head and wonder who some of those other highly rated QB's were. I think the decision was based upon their style of play, Dual Threat vs. Pocket Passer, and how that fit our offense. Just my guess.

Like I said, this is IF we turned down Young. There seems to be some disagreement on that.

But, Young goes our and wins the starting job in the Spring while Brock finishes Spring 3rd team.

It's about talent evaluation and results. IF we had our pick and ended up picking a non-contributor when we could have had a 2 year starter at QB, it would be a terrible mistake in talent evaluation, and one our program can't afford to make.

Lots of time left, but the very early signs are not good.

Neither one of these guys is ready to be a Jedi. You could take what Yoda said to Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back and apply it both Young and Berglund:

"Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"

If you won't listen to me, at least heed to wisdom of Yoda.

547988_478011742228512_1788609283_n.jpg

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good God....so many of you folks want to live in the "what if" world and the "everything is better everywhere else world". You folks make my head hurt.

QB will not be UNT's biggest area of weakness...UNT will be fine at QB. Much improved from the last few years and it will be for several reasons from the scheme, to the line to the defense...yes, UNT's defense can and will help UNT's offense.

How anyone can know what so many of our "experts" seem to think they know about the Scotty Young situation is beyond me...were any of you actually in on those conversations? If not...you really do not know what all went down with this situation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4