America One Conference?

Harry

what a joke! that might be worse than Leaders and Legends divisions

if Bankowsky plays his cards right, CUSA can easily be the 6th best conference pretty soon..

1. SEC

2. B1G

3. Big 12

3. PAC

5. ACC

6. MWC

7. CUSA

8. MAC

9. AmOne

10. Sun Belt

Ok, this is just downright delusional. Bankowsky has not done a single thing right during realignment, if he was going to play his cards right, he would have done so by now. CUSA lost 3 out of their top 4 largest fanbases (ECU, UCF and UH) and all of their previous conference champions save for Southern Miss. He should have only added maybe 1-2 teams, wait for the old BE to implode then absorb all of the teams inculding their AQ bid and ESPN deal.

He failed miserably at all of those things and teams like USM and Marshall are going to pay the price unfortunately.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Ok, this is just downright delusional. Bankowsky has not done a single thing right during realignment, if he was going to play his cards right, he would have done so by now. CUSA lost 3 out of their top 4 largest fanbases (ECU, UCF and UH) and all of their previous conference champions save for Southern Miss. He should have only added maybe 1-2 teams, wait for the old BE to implode then absorb all of the teams inculding their AQ bid and ESPN deal.

He failed miserably at all of those things and teams like USM and Marshall are going to pay the price unfortunately.

I hate to agree with a troll, but this is 100% correct.

EDIT: Not 100%. There would have been no AQ bid or high-dollar ESPN deal.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Excuse me but, Banowsky didn't lose these guys -- they left on their own accord on a bait and switch deal with what was the Big East... they gambled and lost ---

You could criticize Banowsky for filling up their spots too quickly but not for those schools leaving...

It's real easy with the benefit of hindsight to say what Banowsky should have done. I think the moves he made make sense given the circumstances.

I also don't understand people not realizing the upside of penetrating new hot markets in San Antonio, Charlotte, Nashville, Miami and Palm Beach. La Tech equals Southern Miss in my eyes so that makes natural sense and fills a geographical gap. Not to mention UTSA is brininging in a large fanbase of its own. Those games between UNT UTSA their band and the Green Brigade in the Alamodome are going to be epic. I have seen the UTSA band in the Fiesta Flambeau Night Parade and they were impressive. They outperformed the Texas band and stirred the crowd into quite a frenzy. Again that rivalry is going to be fun and I already have a solid level of dislike for the dirty birds.

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I also don't understand people not realizing the upside of penetrating new hot markets in San Antonio, Charlotte, Nashville, Miami and Palm Beach. La Tech equals Southern Miss in my eyes so that makes natural sense and fills a geographical gap. Not to mention UTSA is brininging in a large fanbase of its own. Those games between UNT UTSA their band and the Green Brigade in the Alamodome are going to be epic. I have seen the UTSA band in the Fiesta Flambeau Night Parade and they were impressive. They outperformed the Texas band and stirred the crowd into quite a frenzy. Again that rivalry is going to be fun and I already have a solid level of dislike for the dirty birds.

GMG

Sorry to be snarky here, but I just can't resist. If we have a rivalry with UTSA that is based anything on what you just posted, this will be further proof that our school really does care a lot more about music than athletics. I can only imagine the highlights from this "rivalry"--nothing on ESPN or Fox Sports, but great coverage on VH1!! Seriously, I may very well be in the vast UNT minority within our fanbase, but I could not care less on how our band matches up against another school's band.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

The funny thing about reading the last few posts of this thread is that I'd just put on the Knocked Up DVD and was making fun of the preview of one of those cheer/dance-off movies where everybody acts like they're ready to fight and then they angrily dance at each other.

Atmosphere was the goal that obviously didn't come through the post:) The pagentry of college football will be in effect with this rivalry. The rivalry will not be because of the bands. But college football to me is big mass sections with bands, painted fans and a good game and of course beer. All of those things will be in force in the Alamodome in 2014.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Atmosphere was the goal that obviously didn't come through the post:) The pagentry of college football will be in effect with this rivalry. The rivalry will not be because of the bands. But college football to me is big mass sections with bands, painted fans and a good game and of course beer. All of those things will be in force in the Alamodome in 2014.

GMG

Really?

Well then, the UTSA Roadrunner Band must be (or should be) planning to double up on the pageantry. Because........oh never mind.

"addendum"....The Roadrunner Band aka" the Spirit of San Antonio" at least knows how to make a pre-game entrance...

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Really?

Well then, the UTSA Roadrunner Band must be (or should be) planning to double up on the pageantry. Because........oh never mind.

"addendum"....The Roadrunner Band aka" the Spirit of San Antonio" at least knows how to make a pre-game entrance...

I like the Green Brigade. I just want us to win more games.

Really?

Meh. They could do better on their marching. Their lines were awful (crooked as can be) when they were marching as the block when they were playing what appeared to the be their fight song.

There are far better routines that bands have done.

• Upvote 1