Florida International (1/17/13)

CMJ

He'll still get drafted in the NBA. I bet scouts are more perplexed at our waste to use him than down on his upside.

I have no doubt he will get drafted, and I also have no doubt that after draft night we will never hear his name again on an NBA related broadcast.

• Upvote 2

Not to Not blame it on coaching, but you've got to think that ANYONE who is allegedly the "go to guy", can find a way to work himself free all on his own in front of NBA scouts and throw up more than two shots in 30 something minutes. Oh, I forgot about that end of game three point brick toss.

Edited by foutsrouts

The sad part is these threads have gone from 8-9 pages to stumbling around 4-5. It happened fast, but I miss when people cared enough to argue.

7-12 will do that to ya.

I still can't believe I waited since last March for this crap. I still love the guys who suit up for us - only with they had someone who could lead them.

• Upvote 4

7-12 will do that to ya.

I still can't believe I waited since last March for this crap. I still love the guys who suit up for us - only with they had someone who could lead them.

Me too, like a a player to go un-named perhaps? Oh, who were you talking about?

Win-lose or whatever, I will be there to watch and I'll be heading to Hot Springs as well. Love the Mean Green...dislike the effort on court I see from these guys!

No matter, we can all agree on one thing...very disappointing season. I guess all the early hype was a tad overboard...yes, I bought it. Why not? So were the NBA types and the ESPN types. Hey, it's still college hoops and it is still the Mean green. Got to be there to support these guys and this staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Me too, like a a player to go un-named perhaps? Oh, who were you talking about?

You know I was not talking about any player. You want a leader on tjhe floor? What do you call Roger Franklin - he's been our emotional leader the last two seasons. I want a leader on the bench.

• Upvote 3

Bingo.

And the amount of folks hinting at, or just flat-out naming Tony Mitchell as the problem are out of their minds.

I doubt that anyone is saying that TM is THE problem, but zero points and two boards in 32 minutes does kinda have lack of effort written all over it. He probably should have gotten two boards just off of missed FT's.

Of course I only listened to the game, so I can't really say that anyone was loafing, but I do believe that these guys should be going all out every game even if we had hired Hitler as JJ's replacement. At least with Hitler we would have a proven motivator with a plan, which is clearly something that's missing around here.

• Upvote 2

You know I was not talking about any player. You want a leader on tjhe floor? What do you call Roger Franklin - he's been our emotional leader the last two seasons. I want a leader on the bench.

Agree 100% on Franklin. Only point here is that as hard as Franklin tries on the floor, his personality off the court is not such that he can't be that vocal floor leader. He does all he can...ala 29 points last night while another "star" had 3 shots and ZERO points....on the floor, and tries to lead by example. Looks like the others just are not paying attention.

I would love to have a bench leader as well...and think we have one at the moment in Overlander, but he is a freshman. I also think he has the make-up and personality to develop into a floor leader as well.

You have seen enough BB in your time to know exactly what I am talking about. Others want to turn a blind eye to this, but i doubt in all seriousness that you have not considered this very thing.

If only a few others gave it what Franklin does game in and game out. Wonder how Franklin can bring it each game and others...well.......?

Edited by KRAM1

Agree 100% on Franklin. Only point here is that as hard as Franklin tries on the floor, his personality off the court is not such that he can be that vocal floor leader. He does all he can...ala 29 points last night while another "star" had 3 shots and ZERO points....on the floor, and tries to lead by example. Looks like the others just are not paying attention.

Huh? This is the exact opposite of the Roger Franklin I've seen on the floor.

You know, I pretty much think all that can be said has been said about this team, the players and the coaches. Looks like the season will play out differently than just about everyone imagined and it seems the fans here on GMG.Com have pretty much segregated themselves into differeing camps reagarding the "whys and why nots and Ifs and buts". And, doesn't look like many new thoughts are discussions are going to develop.

So, time to move along...at least for me. I've said what I can...still believe what I do...still love these guys and the Mean Green. And, unlike others who have said thaey have given up...I will not give up on these players or team. Got to see this play out here and in Hot Springs. Hope to see everyone at the Super Pit on the 24th for the next Mean green WIN!