Canales interested in FIU job

James329

All the best to Coach Chico. I am of the opinion that he is more than prepared to be a D1 head coach, but, for selfish reasons, I hope he stays at UNT. Really like the guy, and do wish him all the very best. IMHO FIU would be VERY lucky to get Coach Chico for their new HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The last sentence of the article......

"Garcia said he wanted to name a coach by the first week of January".

Talk about putting your new coach, and his staff, way behind in recruiting.

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...l#storylink=cpy

Look, this is they guy who fired Mario Cristobal out of the blue from his dinky, little program. You think this is a guy who, you know, "sees the big picture" in all of it?

(I think this is the guy who hired Isaiah Thomas as well, so...whatever that's worth in the discussion.)

• Upvote 2

Look, this is they guy who fired Mario Cristobal out of the blue from his dinky, little program. You think this is a guy who, you know, "sees the big picture" in all of it?

(I think this is the guy who hired Isaiah Thomas as well, so...whatever that's worth in the discussion.)

He really thought he was going to get Butch Davis to come to FIU. It reminds me of when Arkansas fired Stan Heath thinking they were going to get Billy Gillespie from A&M.

Ain't

Gonna

Happen

So lets get this straight. FIU fired the coach who built them up and put them on the map, which helped them move upward in the conference race game so that they can hire a guy who has never been a full time head coach and whose offensive numbers have been less than awesome in the last two years. Yeah, I can certainly see that happening...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does this Garcia fellow collaborate with RV in hiring practices? Don't jump on me, emmitt01 made me ask! :innocent:

• Upvote 1

Not sure how I feel about this. I think he has the ability to really maximize Brock's potential and I'm scared at who we would even bring in to replace.

Well, I would research what Iowa St. asst. coach was responsible for the quarterbacks under Mac, and if he is not here already, then you have your answer. (but I do agree with you)

Chico leaves the first chance he gets because he knows that he is killing his career by having to run our Vince Lombari offense

As I've said before chico has had this reputation at his past two stops as well. This isn't just Mac, in fact I believe it's mostly canales.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2