OUCH...

bjrichus

Since I'm still in trouble with the mods, I can't post a new topic. So I'm posting this here since this thread is McCarney related anyway.

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN

Early names for USF job: WKU's Willie Taggart, UNT's Dan McCarney & former Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt

Fine by me...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

“Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing.” -- Vince Lombardi, Famous Pro Football Coach

Maybe someone should tell Coach Mac?

Coach Dan McCarney won 2 more games his 2'nd season than the immortal Hayden Fry did his 2'nd year at North Texas---lets hope history will repeat and my bet is on Coach Mac--I just

cannot bet beyond much more than him (and our HBB coach is still unpacking his bags to judge him this soon for what that's worth).

And let me tell you which local school would never schedule North Texas during the 50's, 60's and 70's because they know we would have

kicked their froggie a$$e$ however small a froggie's a$$ would be.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

I'd prefer that Mac stick around for year three.... If only to shutup all the posters who will immediately start forgiving crap football based on yet another coach not having his players. Mac has his players next year... If we're going to suck I want it to be with him at coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd prefer that Mac stick around for year three.... If only to shutup all the posters who will immediately start forgiving crap football based on yet another coach not having his players. Mac has his players next year... If we're going to suck I want it to be with him at coach.

I guess those same posters think Benford isn't winning this year until he gets his players as well?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Mac leaves, I really, really, really hope we just promote Canales. I wish he had gotten the job to begin with.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If Mac leaves, I really, really, really hope we just promote Canales. I wish he had gotten the job to begin with.

After two bad years of Dickey and four bad years of Dodge we just absolutely could not afford to take a gamble on an unproven assistant/coordinator who had never been a (other than five games as interim) head coach. There was simply too much at stake.

• Upvote 1

Don't underestimate Chico's "Lock the gate" campaign. Chico threw the kitchen sink at getting that team full of lesser and underachieving players to give it everything they had. We haven't seen even a smidge of that heart from Mac's teams.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1