If ND loses to USC...

emmitt01

It's all great theater, but when an entire conference becomes so much better than the rest of college football, it's only a matter of time before we see the 30 on 30 about the drugs, the money, and the five dead hookers.

You just don't get that good without playing a little bit of dirty pool.

Edited by oldguystudent

probably won't happen as Bama and GA play in Championship Game of SEC, last year LSU/Bama happened because it was a regular season game and FL is not going to get in.

Besides the Buckeyes will lay claim to best team going undefeated while sitting at home thanks to cheating.

UCLA needs to beat Stanford so Oregon can get back in the PAC-12 championship game and prevent this BS from happening again.

I expect ND to lose @ USC.

ND will not lose to USC especially with Matt Barkley out. I would be surprised if they give up more than 13 points, that defense is legit.

It's all great theater, but when an entire conference becomes so much better than the rest of college football, it's only a matter of time before we see the 30 on 30 about the drugs, the money, and the five dead hookers.

You just don't get that good without playing a little bit of dirty pool.

Besides the Buckeyes will lay claim to best team going undefeated while sitting at home thanks to cheating.

probably won't happen as Bama and GA play in Championship Game of SEC, last year LSU/Bama happened because it was a regular season game and FL is not going to get in.

FL is sitting at #4. Bama and Georgia are 3 and 4. IF Notre Dame loses the winner of the SEC title game moves to #1 and FL moves to #2 unless Oregon or K-State give reason to move them back up.

So then for the second straight year a team that could not even win its Conference Division, much less Conference Championship would go to the Title Game, yup that makes sense.

So when a wild card team wins the Super Bowl, a non top 3 seed wins the NBA Championship (Dallas two years ago) or a UCONN (6th in the Big East ) wins the Final Four all is okay with it?, but for college football we think we have to have a higher standard then every other sport?

Yes I get the playoffs make it different but that is not the argument here

• Upvote 1

So when a wild card team wins the Super Bowl, a non top 3 seed wins the NBA Championship (Dallas two years ago) or a UCONN (6th in the Big East ) wins the Final Four all is okay with it?, but for college football we think we have to have a higher standard then every other sport?

All of your examples use a playoff to get those teams to their championships. The BCS uses computers and rankings...

Dallas was the #3 seed in the west when they won the title, they were tied for #2 in teh West but the Lakers had the head to head advantage.

So when a wild card team wins the Super Bowl, a non top 3 seed wins the NBA Ch7ampionship (Dallas two years ago) or a UCONN (6th in the Big East ) wins the Final Four all is okay with it?, but for college football we think we have to have a higher standard then every other sport?

That is exactly the argument.

Seems to me the argument is that only conference champions should be allowed to play in the BCS Title game. My question is why the tougher standard for college football and not any other sport?

Every other sport at any level has a playoff and teams play their way to a championship. I prefer that and do find it strange that a team can win their conference and get left out in the current system. I do love the chaos for now though!

Your right, forgot they changed the seeding format, but point was they didn't win their own division that year.

You are correct they did not, but the difference between college football and pro sports is that the championships in pro sports are decided in playoffs and not by human polls and computer rankings. Anyhow, I do agree that it is wrong for a team that does not win their division to play for the national championship under the current format.

If we're really going hypothetical...how about Georgia loses to Georgia Tech - then beats Alabama next week. Florida loses to FSU. I wonder where we'd stand then.

Oregon would seemingly be next inline, but unless UCLA beats Stanford Saturday (tossup game since it's in Pasadena) - Oregon wouldn't win their division of the Pac 12, much less the conference. ND and Kansas State could backdoor in or something like that.

• Upvote 1

If we're really going hypothetical...how about Georgia loses to Georgia Tech - then beats Alabama next week. Florida loses to FSU. I wonder where we'd stand then.

Oregon would seemingly be next inline, but unless UCLA beats Stanford Saturday (tossup game since it's in Pasadena) - Oregon wouldn't win their division of the Pac 12, much less the conference. ND and Kansas State could backdoor in or something like that.

A perfect example of the ridiculousness of big time college football.

I want this to happen. More BCS chaos please!