The way I see it.

trussbussdad

I played for UNT for four seasons as a starter and Letterman. Today this team was heartless. After that much time off, they laid down from the word go. Classless? Yes. Personal fouls out of frustration for poor play. Damn embarrassing for an away game or any game for that matter.

Today I was ashamed of this team from the word go from the players to the staff. I expect more than they did on all fronts. Damn right I will give criticism to a team that lays down.

Arm chair QB my ass. I still have pain in my body from this team that I love and will bitch about the pathetic status any time I please.

Which four seasons?

• Upvote 1

I guess the biggest frustration is year in and year out we hear the same excuses. There is no excuse as to why we always fail. It use to be we just went D1, a new coach, we need a stadium, ect... It's all nonsense and I am so tired of the failure.

I hope the staff destroys the team at practice this week. They aren't motivated by themselves so maybe a kick in the butt is the answer. Make them scared to give up. Maybe give up is the wrong word because they fight back in the second half, so "show up" would be the better term. I don't have an answer but it's just sad that another season will fizzle out with no post season.

I am afraid the new conference is going to smack us around for the foreseeable future so it could be a while before we have an opportunity at a bowl. Not meaning to gripe at anyone or bitch to much but I am just angry at the constant failure to improve.

Give the coaches time to recruit is the only solution. That and I am going to drink a keg and eat a bucket of chili before next week's game. Yesterday's mess is history so on to next week. Rant over.

You quickly go down 17-0

Umm.....this is a symptom of a highly paid coaching staff not having the team even remotely ready to play ON TEN DAYS REST for a game that could have ultimately left us sitting at home come bowl time rather than an excuse for the attitude of our team throughout the rest of the game.

• Upvote 1

I won't buy the cupboard is/was bare argument anymore. It doesn't matter if you do get a lot of juco's because college football is such that you always have to recycle players anyways and rebuild on a yearly basis. In our situation and in our league that way play in coaching makes a HUGE difference. Boise State never has high class recruits and never have but they're so coached up there that it makes up for a lack of natural raw talent they may not have compared to the big boys. TCU was the same thing at one point and look at where they are today. I just think it is installed in our minds to make excuses for losing because that is what it has been for our whole history from top to bottom. In today's sports and college sports landscape there isn't much room for that anymore. It is win now time and there is no reason not to expect quicker turnarounds especially given that we're a huge public school located in a region that is a hotbed for recruiting.

UNTexas...not sure what game it is....I am not that old with UNT. Just thought it was a cool pic. Still earning my stripes....

Probably hard to narrow down all 9 possibilities, but it is a pretty cool pic.

Compared to our previous staff and our athletic budget they are.

Bingo this staff has everything that DD and Dodge did not have and yet still can not get the wins needed. Hell Troy lost to fricking FAU last night and the coaches laid an egg against Troy at home no less. It is the coaches jobs to put the players in the best position to win and they have failed miserably at that the whole season outside of the second half of ULL, which I place more on the players gutting it out and making the big play versus good coaching.

DMac was outcoached against UH, MTSU badly

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I know it's frustrating but we have to give it one more year. This team doesn't have the offensive playmakers to come back from huge deficits. The strength is the OL & RBs. I know most of you want to see a Mike Leach attack but it ain't gonna happen here. NT has to play to their strengths....

Edited by Got5onIt

Bingo this staff has everything that DD and Dodge did not have and yet still can not get the wins needed. Hell Troy lost to fricking FAU last night and the coaches laid an egg against Troy at home no less. It is the coaches jobs to put the players in the best position to win and they have failed miserably at that the whole season outside of the second half of ULL, which I place more on the players gutting it out and making the big play versus good coaching.

When you look around this conference, we need to raise our expectations now, and quit this "well, we are heading in the right direction crap". I know there are some on here that think criticism is a bad thing, but that game was a complete embarassment along with the UH game that should have been competitive, and the Troy game we should have won easily.

So then, Stockstill was even more severly outcoached by Mac last year in the 52 point loss, right? And Stockstill suddenly became the better football coach by outcoaching Mac this year?

When you don't have the players, it's hard to outcoach the other coach.

I am not completely defending Mac, but to put this all on the coaching staff is kind of ridiculous, unless you are blaming them for not getting players in here quickly enough.

So then, Stockstill was even more severly outcoached by Mac last year in the 52 point loss, right? And Stockstill suddenly became the better football coach by outcoaching Mac this year?

When you don't have the players, it's hard to outcoach the other coach.

I am not completely defending Mac, but to put this all on the coaching staff is kind of ridiculous, unless you are blaming them for not getting players in here quickly enough.

Even if we don't have the players, in this conference, against a .500 team, we should not get our butts handed to us that badly. I'm not saying we should have blown out MTSU, but certainly the game should not have been over after the first quarter, which happens so often with this team, after 10 days to prepare. That is on the coaches.

• Upvote 2

Even if we don't have the players, in this conference, against a .500 team, we should not get our butts handed to us that badly. I'm not saying we should have blown out MTSU, but certainly the game should not have been over after the first quarter, which happens so often with this team, after 10 days to prepare. That is on the coaches.

I think UNT90's point is anything you say about this weekend can be said inversely about last year's MTSU win.

This is not going anywhere. Just grab a beer and see how they respond. This is our team no matter what until the end of this season.

• Upvote 1

I know it's frustrating but we have to give it one more year......

Tell me, how many more years do you think it will take to teach defensive backs to turn their damn heads around when the receiver looks up? By my count we are on year 7 and haven't got it right yet. So do we need another year...two more years,.....three?

Let me know so I can make plans accordingly. I'll tweet and post it to Facebook to let everyone I know that each time we see the opposing team drop back to pass that that is the "Drink" indicator for the rest of us watching.

PASS!!!!!................"Drink"

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

When you look around this conference, we need to raise our expectations now, and quit this "well, we are heading in the right direction crap". I know there are some on here that thinik criticism is a bad thing, but that game was a complete embarassment along with the UH game that should have been competitive, and the Troy game we should have won easily.

I thought before the season, that this would be a tougher season than last for wins. I still think next season will be when true steps are taken foward. Ill hold off on calling for the coaches head until next season.

• Upvote 1

Don't really think you can put too much emphasis on last year's win vs MTSU. It was a meaningless game with no real importance in the last game of the season

This game had much more riding on it

Not really comparable

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

I think UNT90's point is anything you say about this weekend can be said inversely about last year's MTSU win.

This is not going anywhere. Just grab a beer and see how they respond. This is our team no matter what until the end of this season.

That's a fair point, althought NT03 has a good point as well that the game was meaningless last year. Particularly for MTSU, whereas our guys were playing for Lance to get the rushing record.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1

I thought before the season, that this would be a tougher season than last for wins. I still think next season will be when true steps are taken foward. Ill hold off on calling for the coaches head until next season.

I'm not calling for anyones head at all. Just saying we should expect to be competitive in games like this.

• Upvote 1

That's a fair point, althought NT03 has a good point as well that the game was meaningless last year. Particularly for MTSU, whereas our guys were playing for Lance to get the rushing record.

Last year wasn't meaningless: I think a lot of the players wanted to send off Lance with a bang.

The problem with both games is that it shouldn't take these external variables to get the players amped up. They should be going into every game like it is the last game they'll ever get to play.

Don't fold it in because it is meaningless to the standings. Don't get amped for one player. Play every game because of who you want to be and what you want this program to be.

2 year turnarounds are not rare anymore. Hudspeth at LaLa won big time in year 1! LaMo has lit it up with a budget that is laughable by Belt standards. We have no more excuses: facilities are there, this should be the best staff we've assembled in decades. We have locationlocationlocation! when it comes to recruiting. Why the hell are we in this QB situation year after year, staff after staff?

I'm on board for year 3 Mac, but consider me in the waiting-for-Chico bandwagon. I'm so tired of losing. So tired of excuses.

• Upvote 1