The only negative...

UNTstormchaser

Well this certainly blew up into a hot thread faster than expected.

I don't have the time nor energy (midterms...) to read all of the posts, but I'll take the -16 as meaning nearly everyone hated the post.

2 things.

1) I said it was debatable whether or not it was a field rush win. However, this WASN'T THE POINT.

2) The point was how ridiculous it is that they discourage it despite the fact that Mac has encouraged it, more than once, and Mr. Villareal has as well. Say that we get a name opponent in Apogee (since name is apparently all that matters, from what I've gathered...not a team's ranking), like for a fun example...Texas A&M. Let's hypothetically say that the Aggies are 6-1, ranked #15, and we beat them in the same dramatic manner we did yesterday. Does the security become a problem now? They were blocking every possible exit. The only way someone could get onto the field would be by using physical force to remove said security, and that likely wouldn't end well, unless a mass amount of people did it at once (unlikely, usually someone has to be the hero on their own).

So yeah. You all totally missed the point. I personally think that beating a near top 25 team after being down 14 in the second half, while on national TV nonetheless, is a worthy field rush game. If you don't, that's fine. That isn't the point. The point is how friggin absurd it is that we're being denied the opportunity, when every other freaking D1 FBS level college football program does not actively seek to prevent that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

when every other freaking D1 FBS level college football program does not actively seek to prevent that.

Ugh, I would hope that every school in the country prevents field rushing after defeating ULaLa.

Only at North Texas would people be mad about not being able to rush the field on ULL.

Edited by GRN-WHT

Ugh, I would hope that every school in the country prevents field rushing after defeating ULaLa.

Only at North Texas would people be mad about not being able to rush the field on ULL.

Are you guys friggin dense? ULL IS NOT THE FCKING POINT.

The point is that they prevent it AT ALLLLLLLL. Jesus Hector everybody...it isn't that complicated to understand.

• Downvote 6

Dude, of course if we beat A&M at home everybody is going to rush the field, I'll be the first one along with the rest of the 30k plus that would be there. Security isn't going to stop that and you know it.

But, ULL? Seriously? I don't care what RV and Mac say. We ended the game on a good note, we won. And that's the lasting image for ESPN2's broadcast. If you guys storm the field, the attention turns from the win to people laughing at us for storming on ULL.

• Upvote 1

Dude, of course if we beat A&M at home everybody is going to rush the field, I'll be the first one along with the rest of the 30k plus that would be there. Security isn't going to stop that and you know it.

But, ULL? Seriously? I don't care what RV and Mac say. We ended the game on a good note, we won. And that's the lasting image for ESPN2's broadcast. If you guys storm the field, the attention turns from the win to people laughing at us for storming on ULL.

I give up. I don't know how clearly it needs to be said. U...L....L...is....not...the...effing...point...

• Downvote 4

I give up. I don't know how clearly it needs to be said. U...L....L...is....not...the...effing...point...

If you think that UNT is the only school that posts security around the field to prevent students from rushing it then you are crazy... You are also somebody who probably thinks that you can still tear down goal posts at stadiums nowadays

• Upvote 1

If you think that UNT is the only school that posts security around the field to prevent students from rushing it then you are crazy... You are also somebody who probably thinks that you can still tear down goal posts at stadiums nowadays

Hey now, OSU's storming went pretty well last season, 2 torn down goal posts, 3 broken ankles and 1 broken neck. Go big or go home!!

Isn't it amazing how a win makes one forget any complaints they had during the game???

I can only really pick on one thing, and it isn't related to the team at all:

Why the flying frog did our AD hire a security team that prevents us from getting on the field after the game??? Now, it's debatable whether or not this was a field-rush worthy win (I would vote yes: ULL was 4-1 and had beaten Troy really badly at Troy, when we lost to Troy at home...and ULL had votes for the last top 25 poll, meaning that they were considered essentially a top 30-35 team..the only thing they lack is a big name like a KSU has), but that's moot. Mac has encouraged it more than once. The freaking AD supported it. Yet, here we are in the final moments of a come from behind upset win at home on national TV, and there is a security staff member blocking EVERY possible entrance.

This is ludicrous. This is a freaking college. That is what happens at college games. Why we're the only school in the country that actively seeks to PREVENT that from happening is not only retarded, but legitimately angering. I called one of the supervisors a few very naughty things that'd get me banned in a heartbeat if I posted it here. Me and many other students were very pissed off about the whole situation.

So, gmg world, what do you think? Am I overreacting by being legitimately pissed off? Do I have a point? give me thoughts.

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-400x250.jpg

And yes, rushing the field does require someone to be the first brave soul to throw caution to the wind... BECAUSE THAT PERSON WILL BE SO EXCITED ABOUT THE W HE WON'T CARE!!!

And that my friend, is why yesterday's game was not a rush worthy moment... You'll know it is when you see the security guard right in front of you, but all you can think about is going to celebrate with the team on the field

Well this certainly blew up into a hot thread faster than expected.

I don't have the time nor energy (midterms...) to read all of the posts, but I'll take the -16 as meaning nearly everyone hated the post.

2 things.

1) I said it was debatable whether or not it was a field rush win. However, this WASN'T THE POINT.

2) The point was how ridiculous it is that they discourage it despite the fact that Mac has encouraged it, more than once, and Mr. Villareal has as well. Say that we get a name opponent in Apogee (since name is apparently all that matters, from what I've gathered...not a team's ranking), like for a fun example...Texas A&M. Let's hypothetically say that the Aggies are 6-1, ranked #15, and we beat them in the same dramatic manner we did yesterday. Does the security become a problem now? They were blocking every possible exit. The only way someone could get onto the field would be by using physical force to remove said security, and that likely wouldn't end well, unless a mass amount of people did it at once (unlikely, usually someone has to be the hero on their own).

So yeah. You all totally missed the point. I personally think that beating a near top 25 team after being down 14 in the second half, while on national TV nonetheless, is a worthy field rush game. If you don't, that's fine. That isn't the point. The point is how friggin absurd it is that we're being denied the opportunity, when every other freaking D1 FBS level college football program does not actively seek to prevent that.

You realize that we are one of the few that actually tolerate this behavior, right?

It is not your right as a student to rush the field. It is technically against the law, as the "streaker" found out.

When you talk like this, you sound like a self-entitled little.... well, you know.

I saw people lining up to rush the field. I tried to discourage them. You don't rush the field against a non-ranked conference opponent, especially on national TV. It would have been embarrassing. And we should not be loud and screaming when the team is on offense. I swear it caused the penalty when we were about to score.

I like how he says we all missed the point yet admits he didn't read all the posts. One poster said that security was beefed up after the near pseudo-near streaker ran across the field in case a copy cat decided it might be a good idea to complete the task. I think answers the question.

On a side note, I'm not sure Coach Mac ever actively encouraged rushing the field. He said he liked it after it happened. If he said anything close to negative, he'd run the risk of alienating some students.

• Upvote 1