LSU 8-21 143 yards 2 TD 1 INT

KSU 25-28 213 yards 1 TD 0 INT

FAU 18-30 251 yards 2 TD 1 INT

Indiana 10-20 201 yards 3 TD 1 INT

ULM 23-39 332 yards 3 TD 0 INT

WKU 20-35 254 yards 2 TD 2 INT

Troy 31-38 331 yards 2 TD 1 INT

Ark St 3-3 60 yards 1TD 0 INT

I'm confused by this list. Are these supposed to support DT or to show lack of good games? In 2011 I see two really good games: ULM and Troy. In 2012 the KSU, while bad yards per attempt, could be good considering the opponent. I think the games listed show DT as a decent Sun Belt quarterback who is unfortunately streaky. I don't think he has good mechanics at all (look at his feet when he throws) and att his point I don't hold out hope he's going to improve by himself.

Mac and the coaches have been very vocal about DT being the guy, how well he does in practice,and how he's improved. However, I have to think a lot of that is just because they know DT is their best option right now and they are doing everything possible to give the team and the fans confidence in him. They know the limits of DT's abilities but they also know he's the best they have for this season.

I'm confused by this list. Are these supposed to support DT or to show lack of good games? In 2011 I see two really good games: ULM and Troy. In 2012 the KSU, while bad yards per attempt, could be good considering the opponent. I think the games listed show DT as a decent Sun Belt quarterback who is unfortunately streaky. I don't think he has good mechanics at all (look at his feet when he throws) and att his point I don't hold out hope he's going to improve by himself.

Mac and the coaches have been very vocal about DT being the guy, how well he does in practice,and how he's improved. However, I have to think a lot of that is just because they know DT is their best option right now and they are doing everything possible to give the team and the fans confidence in him. They know the limits of DT's abilities but they also know he's the best they have for this season.

I complied the list of stats for games that I felt DT played good in and it was for his support. He has been bashed by many of this board since the Texas Southern game and I wanted to point out that he has played some good games in his career.

I complied the list of stats for games that I felt DT played good in and it was for his support. He has been bashed by many of this board since the Texas Southern game and I wanted to point out that he has played some good games in his career.

Just to be clear, I think that DT is a good Belt QB. I don't believe that he has been put in very many circumstances that would allow him to be super successful, especially against Houston and Troy. That is on the coaches. I'm sure they have their reasons for it (although I have no idea what they are).

I think it is stupid that we are talking about a kid that can't take a snap this year beating out DT. Save that for the off-season. There is no baseball at UNT, so there is plenty of time for this discussion in the spring.

• Upvote 2

Just to be clear, I think that DT is a good Belt QB. I don't believe that he has been put in very many circumstances that would allow him to be super successful, especially against Houston and Troy. That is on the coaches. I'm sure they have their reasons for it (although I have no idea what they are).

I think it is stupid that we are talking about a kid that can't take a snap this year beating out DT. Save that for the off-season. There is no baseball at UNT, so there is plenty of time for this discussion in the spring.

Bingo. This discussion is getting OLD. Lets see what Spring ball brings.

I don't get the negativity on my post. I honestly don't get how it can be seen differently in any way. Outside of him leaving, sucking worse, or being hurt, he's starting next year. There isn't doubt about that. He's going to be a 5th year senior looking to start for a THIRD SEASON. You don't ditch that for some punk who can't start at a JUCO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't get the negativity on my post. I honestly don't get how it can be seen differently in any way. Outside of him leaving, sucking worse, or being hurt, he's starting next year. There isn't doubt about that. He's going to be a 5th year senior looking to start for a THIRD SEASON. You don't ditch that for some punk who can't start at a JUCO.

I hope whoever performs better in 2013 in Spring/2-days will get the nod. You don't just sit the better football player because the kid ahead of him is a senior.

I think we both can agree Brock has more football upside than DT, and that it didn't work out at the JUCO.

What's hard to get about fans wanting the best players on the field? That's all I want. I hope Brock has/is getting his act together. We need the QB position to take a step up yesterday.

• Upvote 5

I hope whoever performs better in 2013 in Spring/2-days will get the nod. You don't just sit the better football player because the kid ahead of him is a senior.

I think we both can agree Brock has more football upside than DT, and that it didn't work out at the JUCO.

What's hard to get about fans wanting the best players on the field? That's all I want. I hope Brock has/is getting his act together. We need the QB position to take a step up yesterday.

Bingo.

And I'll just throw this in there... If DT is the best thing we have, he needs to start next year. The last thing I'd want to see happen at UNT is what Mack Brown did to the Longhorns & Major Applewhite when Chris Simms showed up on campus. But, I have no problem with a Robert Griffin unseating a Blake Szymanski.

• Upvote 1

Well obviously, I think we all want the best player to be starting. I'm just saying that it will be DT, and that expecting some kid who couldn't beat out a JUCO scrub for the starting job to be better than a 5th year senior/3rd year starter is ludicrous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

OK, am I still the only one who thinks it is funny...and a bit odd...that we have a whole thread dedicated to discussing the merits of and who might be better between UNT's current starting QB and a guy who has never played a down in a Division 1 football game? I just find some irony and humor in this who thread.

Carry on......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At the risk of getting back into the JUCO qb competition at Scottsdale, Brock did get a lot of snaps in the one game/scrimmage that he played. He threw for 103 yards, 2 tds, 2 ints, and had 53 yards rushing. I don't know how much the other qbs played but it sounded like the game was a 4-quarter scrimmage, which would mean Berglund probably took more than 33% of the snaps to put up these numbers. You're misinformed or not reading enough about the situation if you think he was buried on the depth chart by any means.

• Upvote 3

OK, am I still the only one who thinks it is funny...and a bit odd...that we have a whole thread dedicated to discussing the merits of and who might be better between UNT's current starting QB and a guy who has never played a down in a Division 1 football game? I just find some irony and humor in this who thread.

Carry on......

No because our current QB is not getting the job done and we have a guy in waiting that was rated way higher out of high school and is getting rave reviews in practice.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Garret Gilbert was a high school God, and he's got the worst QB rating in the country. We'll hopefully have a better idea of what Berglund's got 6-10 months from now. At this point, I just hope they both show up next year healthy and ready to compete.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort01.html

• Upvote 2

Here are DT's numbers so far this year:

Att-Comp-Yds-Int-TD

LSU 21-9-143-1-2

TSU 24-11-145-1-0

KSU 28-25-213-0-1

Troy 29-12-236-0-1

FAU 30-18-251-1-2

Coog 38-20-252-2-0

ULL has shown that their pass defense is a little more porous than their run defense. DT could do us all a huge favor and break out a 275yd 2 or 3 TD performance to help push this kind of talk off until at least the Spring.

Thanks DT

ULL 28-17-282-2-0

Good grief, it will never be enough for some of you. Can't have it both ways. As far as I can tell it counts in his passing yards.

We won! You're right, we should be happy and we are very! But overlooking the YAC that Jimmerson got is a vital mistake if you're analyzing DT's stats from the night. Whether he's a good quarterback or not, the plays that were called for him worked in our favor tonight and have been working lately.

Expect more of this type of play-calling for the rest of the year, because short passes have been the most effective ones for DT, as evidenced by tonight.

• Upvote 1

I think DT should be thanking Jim Jim. 2 catches off of screens for 106 yds.

Heck you take out all the dump offs and screens to RBs and DT was 12 of 23 for 160 yds passing to tight ends and wrs.

So are you saying that short pass and runs are deleted from other QB's stats and evaluations from around the country? They're a big part of the game, and aren't exclusive to DT.

• Upvote 1

Take away his two dump offs that Jimmerson turned into big plays and his numbers aren't so good.

Really? Add in Chancellor's drop on a perfect deep ball and you are right back uo there. Yes, Jimmerson was great with YAC, but it is a two way street and a team game.

• Upvote 2