DT vs. Berglund

H-towngreen

I'm not only excited about Berglund's arm, but also his speed. That should help a lot.

Exactly! I started a thread (probably not worthy of a thread) about how all QBs have bad days throwing the ball, but players don't have bad days athletically unless they are injured. Even if Berglund comes in here and lights it up he isn't going to be top form every quarter of every game throwing the ball, but at the same time he is going to be just as athletically gifted as a game where he would be throwing lights out.

Don't be scared off by Berglund's past. He isn't a bad guy and he's very committed to this football team, not to mention he loves it here. We'll see what happens but I can't see the coaches not giving him a chance, especially Chico who knows first hand how DT's lack of abilities constricts the playbook.

We'll see what happens but I can't see the coaches not giving him a chance, especially Chico who knows first hand how DT's lack of abilities constricts the playbook.

This part is huge. Chico will be able to run the offense he prefers. Having a mobile QB allows you so much more freedom with your playcalling. DT on the otherhand doesn't allow for any QB designed runs, throws to the far sideline, throws downfield, or throws that travel more then 5 yds.

This part is huge. Chico will be able to run the offense he prefers. Having a mobile QB allows you so much more freedom with your playcalling. DT on the otherhand doesn't allow for any QB designed runs, throws to the far sideline, throws downfield, or throws that travel more then 5 yds.

Exactly. I would actually be surprised and disappointed if Berglund doesn't beat out DT for these reasons.

Chico will run what DMac let's him run. Make no mistake about that.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

I know that there was no way of him staying, but honestly, Riley Dodge would have this team at 5-3. Maybe even 6-2. That's what Berglund brings to the table. Berglund doesn't start, Mac and Chico need to be shown the door. I don't care how much he had to fight for the job with Scottsdale, and how many years it's been since he last played, the guy has SKILLS and TALENT. Say what you want about his seeming arrogance, I'll take a guy with swagger at this point.

I'm sorry Derek, you're a cool guy, but Thompson is lacking majorly in the SKILLS department and the TALENT department. A less than average arm, horrible accuracy, terribad footwork and no scrambling ability. I have only been pleased with DT two times in his ENTIRE time at North Texas.

I know that there was no way of him staying, but honestly, Riley Dodge would have this team at 5-3. Maybe even 6-2. That's what Berglund brings to the table. Berglund doesn't start, Mac and Chico need to be shown the door. I don't care how much he had to fight for the job with Scottsdale, and how many years it's been since he last played, the guy has SKILLS and TALENT. Say what you want about his seeming arrogance, I'll take a guy with swagger at this point.

You're assuming Riley survives a hit from LSU.

Ill keep mentioning Dajon Williams name until it sticks.

Not sure why. He could be great but he doesn't have Berglund's credentials. He has a 75 rating from 247; a 69 rating from ESPN and has yet to be rated by Rivals or Scout. The two ratings that he has received are near minimal which likely means that he has to be developed. We need help now.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why. He could be great but he doesn't have Berglund's credentials. He has a 75 rating from 247; a 69 rating from ESPN and has yet to be rated by Rivals or Scout. The two ratings that he has received are near minimal which likely means that he has to be developed. We need help now.

im not holding out hope that Berglund is going to come in and light it up. Williams is having a great season. I would LOVE for Berglund to prove me wrong and allow Williams to redshirt.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...