Red Lot, Blue Lot, can I park there or not?

Newby

When I came to the games last year, I parked at Fouts and walked over. The fan guide indicates that Red/Blue lots are only Season Ticket Holder and Mean Green Club parking. Last year, I am pretty sure I saw people driving up to the Red/Blue lots and paying the attendant to park there. Maybe I saw wrong. I know most of you have passes to park there, but has anyone paid to park there on game day? I called the ticket office and they confirmed only season ticket holders and mean green club, but I am fairly certain I saw people paying last year.

Also, if anyone wants to sell or give me their parking pass for this saturday i would be very appreciative... My family and I plan to come out around noon and tailgate until game time.

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can't season ticket holders buy extra parking passes in these lots? If so, maybe some season ticket holder who lives near the stadium could go buy and buy one and get it to you for face value...just thinking...don't lknow as I do not park in the blue/red lots.

Or...You could buy season tickets. And maybe make a contribution to the Mean Green Club. That way, your parking delima would be solved, you would know exactly where you were going to sit at each game, you would be counted when CUSA wants to know how many season tickets North Texas sold last year, and more money would be available to support student athletes at the University of North Texas.

Beat Troy

Win The Sun Belt

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 4

Yes, I would like to do that. Now is not the right time, perhaps next season. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you're a recent alumnus, there is a program created to entice you to join. Contact Jessica Hulsebosch with the Mean Green Club for details. It's a great deal, and if you're considering paying $20 to park for all of the games, you will have almost paid for your Mean Green Club subscription where you can park for free!

As for the lot over by the Soccer complex, there are a few posters on here who have said they frequently tailgate over there. That lot is fairly small though, so you may want to get there early if you plan on parking there.

Thanks, great info about the Bonnie Brae lot. I'll look into the details of the Mean Green Club, haven't looked at it in a while. I graduated in 2005, so I have mised the window for the program you referenced. I could do the Mean Green Club, but I would then have to take that amount out of another charity that we donate to, which we always do at the end of the year. If I am going to join the Mean Green Club, it will need to be at the beginning of the year. There is a great chance that I will do this next year. My son will be 3 by then and attending and enjoying the games with him will be worth the investment.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, great info about the Bonnie Brae lot. I'll look into the details of the Mean Green Club, haven't looked at it in a while. I graduated in 2005, so I have mised the window for the program you referenced. I could do the Mean Green Club, but I would then have to take that amount out of another charity that we donate to, which we always do at the end of the year. If I am going to join the Mean Green Club, it will need to be at the beginning of the year. There is a great chance that I will do this next year. My son will be 3 by then and attending and enjoying the games with him will be worth the investment.

You can also pay out your donation monthly, and the minimum donation is $250

BTW, 10 thumbs up on the Red parking. I was in Blue last year and the entry via the Red access is tons better (at least coming in from Dallas). Was that road connecting from NT Blvd open last year or is this a new route?

My only complaint is that it was unnerving to drive down the split road with all of the pedestrians. Most of the peds were staying on their side of the cones, but there were a few wandering out into the car lanes. They need to do a better job of keeping these separated.

• Upvote 1

BTW, 10 thumbs up on the Red parking. I was in Blue last year and the entry via the Red access is tons better (at least coming in from Dallas). Was that road connecting from NT Blvd open last year or is this a new route?

My only complaint is that it was unnerving to drive down the split road with all of the pedestrians. Most of the peds were staying on their side of the cones, but there were a few wandering out into the car lanes. They need to do a better job of keeping these separated.

When the bridge gets finished in a couple of years that will help that ;-)

You can only buy an extra season parking pass if you're a season ticket holder and donor. I bought an extra one for $100 and split the cost with a friend. We use it to get the wives to drive down together when they aren't up for an all day tailgate.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

You can only buy an extra season parking pass if you're a season ticket holder and donor. I bought an extra one for $100 and split the cost with a friend. We use it to get the wives to drive down together when they aren't up for an all day tailgate.

Do you happen to be using that parking pass this weeknd??

• Upvote 1

that's a heck of a deal...didn't realize that was possible...may have to do that in the future.