Okay...6-6 is doable

Call me crazy or drunk on green kool aid but I think the next 11 games are all winnable.

TS=win

Kst. gave up 418 yds and was only up 16-9 early in the 4th against the Missouri State Bears. They can be had.

Houston looks lost.

Every game in the SB is a winnable game.

With some luck this could be a very good year.

I'll stick with my 6-6 prediction. This can be improved upon if we have some WR's/TE's step up and make plays besides Chancellor, our running game continues to improve on what I thought was a pretty fair showing against the best defense we will face this year and our DL and DB's play like they did against LSU.

Call me crazy or drunk on green kool aid but I think the next 11 games are all winnable.

TS=win

Kst. gave up 418 yds and was only up 16-9 early in the 4th against the Missouri State Bears. They can be had.

Houston looks lost.

Every game in the SB is a winnable game.

With some luck this could be a very good year.

Whatever dude.

Hello 11-1 season!

Pass it!

green-kool-aid.jpg

• Upvote 3

Did I say we would win them all? 11-1 might be just a tad steep. However, we have a good chance in every game. We just need a break here and a little luck there to build a good record. I'm cautiously very optimistic.

Are you proposing we could go 11-1 this season cause if you are I like your optimism!

While the Houston game seems much more winnable now than it did even one week ago, I can't say that I am that optimistic about the K-State game...

They are a good team with a dangerous QB and will be VERY tough to beat...

However, that's FINE...

Say our OOC this year is 1-3... Or, quite possibly, 2-2...

Where we are going to make our mark this season is in the Sun Belt...

Is 6-2 or 5-3 unreasonable for SBC play...??

Absolutely not...

Almost all teams in college football that are "surprises" in a given season play better on the road than expected...

THAT is what this team needs to do...

Make Apogee a nightmare for visiting teams and play better on the road than people expect...

6-6 or 7-5 are doable...

I can't wait for it to play out...

I like the Mean Green's chances to be 1-1 after this Saturday...I'm not too good at predicting season totals...I'll just say I think the Mean Green will definitely have a chance to win every game from here on out...and a chance is much better than the Mean green has had the last several years to win out. No, not doing any predicting here...except to say, I think this teams is a very different animal than the one we saw overall last season in mindset and in confidence starting out the season.

I like the Mean Green's chances to be 1-1 after this Saturday...I'm not too good at predicting season totals...I'll just say I think the Mean Green will definitely have a chance to win every game from here on out...and a chance is much better than the Mean green has had the last several years to win out. No, not doing any predicting here...except to say, I think this teams is a very different animal than the one we saw overall last season in mindset and in confidence starting out the season.

We know what you like to save your predicting skills for. So what is the weather going to do this weekend? ;)

I think our guys can pull of 7-5, maybe even the SBC ring this year. ArkSt was just burned alive by Oregon's speed. I know our guys may not have the same wheels on them, but ArkSt looks slower than last season. They're still a threat for the ring, no matter what.

I also watched FIU at Duke, and FIU looked worse against Duke than our guys against LSU. While FIU put more points on the board against Duke, Duke's defense was very weak last season, and Duke broke the 40 pt mark far earlier than LSU did against our guys.

Houston also looked godawful in their week one game. I know part of it is Fran at the helm of the Bobcats, but I think a lot of it is the loss of key Houston players that kept the game out of our reach last fall.

Again, 7-5, maybe a ring. The ring really tips on the fortunes of the major powers of last year's SBC since we don't have a champ game in the SBC.

Nice to have optimism. But be serious. We have absolutely ZERO chance to beat KState. If you overlook the fact that they are bigger, stronger, faster and have a more experienced coaching staff, then you still have to account for being on the road at a big 12 site where we will be playing in front if a hostile crowd 3 times what we see at our place. It's a suckers bet to think the fact that it took a few quarters for them to pull away in the season opener means we have a legitimate shot.

Don't forget, we lost to them at home last time we played because we couldn't stop their running game. You might want to refer back to the rush yards we allowed vs LSU - it wasn't pretty. So, they are bigger and stronger than our defeinsive front and we just gave up a boat load of rushing yards - guess what's gonna happen in Manhattan?

Unless a few folks tap the brakes a little, you will be on this board in two weeks complaining how about you can't understand how we weren't as competitive in the game as you thought we would be vs KState.

Dont get me wrong, I am very optimistic based on LSU for our future - next 2 years - however, we have a long ways to go yet. Houston, could have a chance if we are perfect. Sunbelt, legitimate chance in all but a few. Decent year is 5 wins, beat Troy and could be 6. We will be underdogs vs LaLa, Ark State and FIU.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I think our guys can pull of 7-5, maybe even the SBC ring this year. ArkSt was just burned alive by Oregon's speed. I know our guys may not have the same wheels on them, but ArkSt looks slower than last season. They're still a threat for the ring, no matter what.

I also watched FIU at Duke, and FIU looked worse against Duke than our guys against LSU. While FIU put more points on the board against Duke, Duke's defense was very weak last season, and Duke broke the 40 pt mark far earlier than LSU did against our guys.

Houston also looked godawful in their week one game. I know part of it is Fran at the helm of the Bobcats, but I think a lot of it is the loss of key Houston players that kept the game out of our reach last fall.

Again, 7-5, maybe a ring. The ring really tips on the fortunes of the major powers of last year's SBC since we don't have a champ game in the SBC.

According to Arkstfan they lost some playmakers on defense. I think ASU will try to out score everyone in the Belt this season.

K st. might be stronger & faster but they are not bigger. Compare the starters and our O line is bigger by 3+ per man and our D line by 2+ per man. Over all combined team weight on offence and defence UNT has them by 2+ pounds per man for the 22 starters. Pay attention cause this ain't a TDodge team. O line 307+ D line 273+ McCarney knows talent and it starts with size and speed.

• Upvote 1

Based on the first week results. NT should be better than a break even team. At this point, NT would be favored over TSU, Troy, FAU, ULM, USA and the Muts. I think NT can beat both ULL and ASU at Apogee. Houston would be about a toss up at this point and NT a big dog at KSU.

I would not bet the house on it, but I think NT has a good chance at 9 wins.