Josh White Poll: Should he apologize?

Harry

Absolutely not. Some of the reactions are ridiculous,IMO. He signed with NT, chose to use his eligibility here, and played his ass off for JJ. That's more than most people do & more than what we could ask for.

It wouldn't fly if he went to another school especially a bigger name school/program. I don't see the justification in letting this slide just because we're little ol UNT. As I said before I don't think it's out of line to expect better from him. That said I still stand that he shouldn't apologize because we would know and already know which is really his team so there wouldn't be any point of that.

• Upvote 2

He feels however he feels, but I still think he should apologize. There is no point to keeping a part of the fanbase where you went to school upset at you. Just say something to the effect of "I loved my time at NT, and that will always be my school", and then be more careful about his tweets in the future. He doesn't have to specifically say he was rooting for NT over LSU, or anything like that, particularly because that would be a lie.

Nothing we say on a message board is going to change his mind, but he certainly has an opportunity to please all parties involved....especially considering the LSU fanbase probably doesn't know, or care this is even happening, and he may or may not care what they think anyway.

Is this topic still hanging around ? Josh is gone from UNT and he is a Louisiana guy. Let's just move on.

Absolutely not. Some of the reactions are ridiculous,IMO. He signed with NT, chose to use his eligibility here, and played his ass off for JJ. That's more than most people do & more than what we could ask for.

Yep, just let him go on back to Louisiana and never be heard from again, have no connection to UNT, and give nohing back to the place that gave hime a free education while LSU did not.

That is why we are who we are.

• Upvote 3

Drex has the correct answer.

If one is a scholarship athlete on a varsity program, that program, that school should be "your school." If not, that's a shame. Perhaps that athlete should have tried to walk on to their prefered program and hoped for a scholarship later rather than going to a school that believed in them enough to offer a scholarship.

If Josh doesn't want to cheer tor North Texas, fine. But he shold never rah-rah for an opponent of North Texas.

And when "Hall of Fame" time comes around, I hope the selectors remember who Josh's favorite team really is.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

"Yes he should apologize and all will be forgiven"

Apologize to who?

Does he owe me an apology, because I ate nachos in the stands while he played basketball?

I don't get the forgiveness part, either. Who's forgiveness are we talking about? Is this so I can have all things correct in this fantasy relationship I have with Josh?

It all seems pretty silly to me.

• Upvote 1